• The KillerFrogs

SMU equipment truck stuck

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The Merritt used to ban trucks and were directed to I 95, not sure how they even got on with all the signage…
excited genius GIF

Last edited:

bc puckett

It actually happens a few times a year. Apparently most if not all GPS devices will direct you that way when heading NE out of the NYC area

East Coast

Tier 1
GPS will take you through Manhattan on I95 or sometimes on the Merritt. I made that trip twice a month for about 8 years and found the most reliable route was the old Tappanzee (I287) to I95. The new bridge is named for ' Cuomo, Sr' You always had to be aware of accidents and roadwork; sometimes even going north towards Hartford was better. As of 2 years ago, trucks were not allowed on the Merritt, and I doubt that has changed.

bc puckett

GPS will take you through Manhattan on I95 or sometimes on the Merritt. I made that trip twice a month for about 8 years and found the most reliable route was the old Tappanzee (I287) to I95. The new bridge is named for ' Cuomo, Sr' You always had to be aware of accidents and roadwork; sometimes even going north towards Hartford was better. As of 2 years ago, trucks were not allowed on the Merritt, and I doubt that has changed.
It hasn’t but it happens several times a year. They get stuck because the underpasses especially in Fairfield County are too low for most trucks

OmniscienceFrog

They'd better get after it if SMU is going to play in the Sun Bowl! Can you imagine having to decline that bowl invitation cause their equipment truck can't get to El Paso in time for game?
Not a problem. One out of all those rich SMU alums can just get that truck to the nearest airport, charter a cargo jet to El Paso and problem solved.

Eight

These are the racist bridges that Buttigieg told us about a while back. They are intended to keep out the spoiled rich white kids from Highland Park.

you never noticed the roads of central and the north dallas toll road where draw bridges?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Who drives the equipment trucks? Do schools hire a contractor or how does that work? Does the same person drive the truck to each away game?