• The KillerFrogs

SMU Betting Line, Frogs Favored By...

82 Frog Fever

TCU has given up 30 pts, 445 passing yards & made only 2 sacks over 2 games against very low level teams. Not good!
We must get more pressure and better secondary coverage if we’re gonna win. The D needs to get better over this bye week.

CountryFrog

TCU has given up 30 pts, 445 passing yards & made only 2 sacks over 2 games against very low level teams. Not good!
We must get more pressure and better secondary coverage if we’re gonna win. The D needs to get better over this bye week.
I don't disagree that they need to get better in these areas. CB play in particular has been a bit up and down. Those numbers you gave, though, are a little deceiving. By my count, the 1st team defense has given up a single TD drive and probably half of that passing yardage. A lot of backups (especially in the secondary) came in for that Tarleton TD drive in the 1st half and of course Colorado's lone TD came against all backups in garbage time.

So yes the defense needs to improve but when the 1st team has been out there them they've been pretty good. Obviously big step up in competition coming up so we'll find out over these next couple weeks how good they are.

McGregor's Goat

I hope I'm wrong but I think SMU is still a bit better than TCU. TCU has played (1) probably the worst P5 team in the country by far (2) an un-ranked FCS team. The one conclusion I think I can make is that the defense is tackling much better and actually playing with effort, a welcome change.

I think TCU's defense is probably much improved over last year's disaster, but it still has some big holes. I think TCU will probably be pretty good on offense, but I suspect we don't have a QB on the roster with the passing ability that our offense needs (no offense to Max, I love the kid, he's a great teammate and gives it everything he has).

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Too many of you have turned into giant pussies.
sexy macho man GIF by visualbrand

82 Frog Fever

I don't disagree that they need to get better in these areas. CB play in particular has been a bit up and down. Those numbers you gave, though, are a little deceiving. By my count, the 1st team defense has given up a single TD drive and probably half of that passing yardage. A lot of backups (especially in the secondary) came in for that Tarleton TD drive in the 1st half and of course Colorado's lone TD came against all backups in garbage time.

So yes the defense needs to improve but when the 1st team has been out there them they've been pretty good. Obviously big step up in competition coming up so we'll find out over these next couple weeks how good they are.
That’s a good point. Just wanna see them put some serious pressure on Mordecai. If they’re for real, they will.
I’m doubling down the last two weeks on this week, so getting a little anxious.

CountryFrog

After two years you still have not got the arrogance out of your system. It will be closer than I and most of our fans want. I still believe in a victory but to think we go in and roll over them as in years past is dreaming. We are better but so is SMU. Wake up dude!! Go Frogs!
Partially agree because I want it to be a 50 point Frog win and I doubt it will end up being more than 35 or 40. So yes it will be closer than I want.

Limp Lizard

After two years you still have not got the arrogance out of your system. It will be closer than I and most of our fans want. I still believe in a victory but to think we go in and roll over them as in years past is dreaming. We are better but so is SMU. Wake up dude!! Go Frogs!
In past years, like the two wins? At the Carter. They have never rolled over.