• The KillerFrogs

SMU Betting Line, Frogs Favored By...

A couple of major points in our favor: We have a coach who is thoroughly familiar with their personnel, and the guy who was coaching SMU the past two years (who had coached at TCU in 2017) is not there anymore (hint: its the same guy).

That alone should be worth 10-14 points.

Further, they can't steal our signs anymore because we changed them.

Strat Frog

We must run the football. SMU is not good here. Both MD and N. Texas hung a lot of rushing yards on SMU.
We need to consider double covering WR Rice. Nobody else’s stats on SMU’s team even come close to his.
We should watch the deep balls/fly patterns; SMU took several shots down the field against MD, just missing on a few.
Go Frogs!

We must run the football. SMU is not good here. Both MD and N. Texas hung a lot of rushing yards on SMU.
We need to consider double covering WR Rice. Nobody else’s stats on SMU’s team even come close to his.
We should watch the deep balls/fly patterns; SMU took several shots down the field against MD, just missing on a few.
Go Frogs!
Spot on…..SMU‘s Achilles‘ Heel is their rushing defense and Rice could indeed be a problem.

Toad Jones

This is an off week, we should see improvements. You want to call this a coach's gauge week, that would be fine with me!! I do think we are rated about right at this time. Middle of the pack.

Limp Lizard

They‘re about the same speed, but Rice is 5” taller & 25 lbs. heavier.
On paper, Rice should be able to easily box out TH-T.
We need to also get a body on him early, maybe a pest like Josh Newton
There is a size mismatch every week with CB's vs WR's, even in the pros. Seems like there are only one or two throws a game where the offense is able to take advantage of the mismatch. The QB has to make a really good throw, too. Rice will get a few against THT, but if that stays in control we should be OK. The Maryland DBs seemed to play the receivers rather than the ball, thus all the blatant PI calls. Over 60 minutes, we can be OK.

I look for Smew to get good yardage between the 20s. Hopefully we trade our touchdowns for Smew's field goals.

82 Frog Fever

There is a size mismatch every week with CB's vs WR's, even in the pros. Seems like there are only one or two throws a game where the offense is able to take advantage of the mismatch. The QB has to make a really good throw, too. Rice will get a few against THT, but if that stays in control we should be OK. The Maryland DBs seemed to play the receivers rather than the ball, thus all the blatant PI calls. Over 60 minutes, we can be OK.

I look for Smew to get good yardage between the 20s. Hopefully we trade our touchdowns for Smew's field goals.
Yup, as long as those one or two throws a game aren’t in the end zone.
It’s gonna be more about how much pressure TCU’s DL/LBs can put on Mordecai.
When he’s under pressure they make a lot of errors, penalties, & turnovers.
If he throws 2 ints, as he did against Md., we should win by double digits.

TomFrog

I stumbled upon this old thread about the SMU Betting Line, and I gotta say, it brings back memories of the excitement we had during those games! It's cool to see the predictions and discussions from back then.
Looking at the odds, Vegas had us with just a one-point advantage and the over/under set at 69.5. Man, those were tight margins! Personally, I remember how nerve-wracking those close games were, but it made the victories even sweeter!
If you're still into betting on sports or looking for some fun, you could visit this betting site online . It's where I used to place some bets and add an extra level of excitement to the game day! But remember, it's all about enjoying the experience and supporting our team!

Last edited:

Limey Frog

Trying to predict how good this team is seems to be a Schrödinger's Cat conundrum...maybe SMU will open the box.
If SMU opened the door to Craig James's apartment, they would find five murdered hookers in there. So long as you don't ask, they are still nice and alive.

JugbandFrog

One. Just one. O/U is 69.5. Basically, Vegas says we win 35-34. I'd take the under, and go with the good guys by 10, 34-24.

What says the collective?
We are NOT winning that game. I'd take SMU. I doubt Morris is even able to play that game.