• The KillerFrogs

Slow and No Go

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU's offense looked like it was stuck in 1ST gear tonight. The first half was ok, the 2nd half was putrid. UT lookes slow and plodding, yet we couldn't do [ Finebaum ] with the opportunities that were avaialble in Q3 & Q4.

What happened with the play calling? I also agree that QB1 smiling after a pick makes for bad optics. GP did not have the team ready after halftime or in general after the OSU game.

Last edited:

TK2000

Cumbie was handcuffed last year because Kenny couldn’t make the big throw, just wait till Robinson gets in there and this offense will really take off!!

Offense has been pretty lame since mid season 2015 when Doctson went down

FrogLifeYo

The real reason we sucked today is because Ohio St tought the whole damn country how to beat us..Press the WR and take away the run and wide passing game. From there you take your chances on the TCU QB being able to win it..

TooColdU

The real reason we sucked today is because Ohio St tought the whole damn country how to beat us..Press the WR and take away the run and wide passing game. From there you take your chances on the TCU QB being able to win it..

Pressing our receivers really hurts because they are all so small.

And then we ask these little guys to try to hold their blocks on the outside since we run so many screens. It doesn't make any sense. I wish we had bigger receivers.

Brady Quinn made a good point during the game when he pointed out how whenever DA was on the field, it was going to be a running play. Our substitutions showed our hand, so we should use DA more in the passing game.

I also noticed many "slant N go" routes, but hardly saw us attempt any slant passes. How do you expect the defense to bite on a slant route if we never throw to them?

robbroyy

The offense will be better when SR has enough experience to read the whole field. Right now it’s pretty easy to defend. Guard against home run ball and play LBs underneath for intermediate routes.

I think SR is no different than Dalton or Boykin.

He’ll be good.

TCURiggs

Pressing our receivers really hurts because they are all so small.

And then we ask these little guys to try to hold their blocks on the outside since we run so many screens. It doesn't make any sense. I wish we had bigger receivers.

Brady Quinn made a good point during the game when he pointed out how whenever DA was on the field, it was going to be a running play. Our substitutions showed our hand, so we should use DA more in the passing game.

I also noticed many "slant N go" routes, but hardly saw us attempt any slant passes. How do you expect the defense to bite on a slant route if we never throw to them?

I think there's a lot to this part. I was saying this to my buddy I was watching the game with well before Quinn said it. Sewo is labeled as our good pass-catching back, but I've never seen anything from Darius that shows he's not good at that. Let our more explosive player have more opportunities/touches with that.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
We are throwing a lot of screens behind the line of scrimmage.. To the point that a team will now be sitting on that call and waiting for the pick 6. Where are the vertical slants in 2018?

Mean Purple

The offense will be better when SR has enough experience to read the whole field. Right now it’s pretty easy to defend. Guard against home run ball and play LBs underneath for intermediate routes.

I think SR is no different than Dalton or Boykin.

He’ll be good.
It is gonna take a lot more for me to see it that way. Watches some of his high school play and now college. He can run and and he seems to see the field at times. But it is the off target throws on what should be easy hits that seem to hurt drives in part. (The other part being really odd calls and running back usage by Cumbie).

You cant run an offense that over relies on throwing a deep ball. Cant just lob the short passes.