• The KillerFrogs

Since golf is the only sport on now really...a quick note about a couple pro Frogs...

Eight

this might be a more woke response on my part

tenor.gif

few years back when i replaced my irons my dad gave me the advice to treat it just like buying a new suit.

if you are going to spend the money make sure what you are buying gets fit to you.

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

white people problems
I chuckled. But, you made me think how prejudice is formed. I wish I had played golf as a kid, but I didn’t because in my small town I thought only rich (happened to be white) folks golfed and country clubbed. That notion, unfortunately followed me into my forties. So funny thing: as a kid, I had plenty of black kids as good friends and teammates, and we genuinely stood up for each other. But, I apparently had high disdain for golfers. Go figure.

JogginFrog

Meanwhile, Hayden Springer came this close to Monday qualifying for this week's Korn Ferry Tour event in Springfield, MO. At the Rivercut GC site, Springer shot a 7-under 65, which was good enough for third place and an 8-for-2 playoff. Qualifying is hard, but glad to see Springer continuing to pursue the dream.

Mean Purple

Different subject, but it’s my time for new irons. Narrowed to Mizuno jxp919 forged, Cleveland uhx forged, Srixon 785z. There’s so much out there. Never been fitted, but thinking I will this time. Any thoughts on subject, appreciated.

Mizunos, nice. Remind me not to take bets with you on the course.

Check out Club Champion. They are supposed to be a great option for fitting.
I was fitted at Glenn Eagles in Plano by a guy who was on the Ping Top 100 fitters list. My guess is they still have that. But Ping has such a good system that most local golf pros can do it. The guy at PGA super store in Plano seems to know his stuff.

But I am planning to check out Club Champion. Just see what fits my game best.

What you should really do, is go the Hogan golf route and let us kno whow it goes. :)

Wexahu

Different subject, but it’s my time for new irons. Narrowed to Mizuno jxp919 forged, Cleveland uhx forged, Srixon 785z. There’s so much out there. Never been fitted, but thinking I will this time. Any thoughts on subject, appreciated.

Getting fitted for them is the most important thing, by far. All the major brands make great clubs, it's really what suits your eye the best. But absolutely get fitted before dropping a bunch of $, the extra $100 or whatever (and usually they don't charge you if you buy clubs from the fitter) is well worth it.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Those were great irons. Still running the G25 set.
Long ago, I had some of the beryllium irons. EYE 2s. Sweetest hitting irons ever. I have looked at finding another set but the prices are insane! My ISIs are the K models in SS, with larger head sizes. Literally got them at a clearance sale at my local pro shop. They suit me fine, and, as my Dad always said, "If it ain't broke, don't go trying to fix it."

Paint It Purple

Mizunos, nice. Remind me not to take bets with you on the course.

Check out Club Champion. They are supposed to be a great option for fitting.
I was fitted at Glenn Eagles in Plano by a guy who was on the Ping Top 100 fitters list. My guess is they still have that. But Ping has such a good system that most local golf pros can do it. The guy at PGA super store in Plano seems to know his stuff.

But I am planning to check out Club Champion. Just see what fits my game best.

What you should really do, is go the Hogan golf route and let us kno whow it goes. :)
Thanks for the Club Champion tip. I checked out the website. All those irons I mentioned are game improvement irons, including the Mizunos. I only wish I could play Miz blades or Hogan for that matter

Paint It Purple

Getting fitted for them is the most important thing, by far. All the major brands make great clubs, it's really what suits your eye the best. But absolutely get fitted before dropping a bunch of $, the extra $100 or whatever (and usually they don't charge you if you buy clubs from the fitter) is well worth it.
Thanks for the advice. I hope I can go to club champ or Leonard Golf Ranch for fitting

Mean Purple

Thanks for the Club Champion tip. I checked out the website. All those irons I mentioned are game improvement irons, including the Mizunos. I only wish I could play Miz blades or Hogan for that matter
Hogan has some forgiving irons. They brought the Edge back. Has the prmtr weighting and has the hollow cavity with two piece face. Info on their website. I am thinking about trying them out to see just how forgiving they really are.

Mean Purple

Long ago, I had some of the beryllium irons. EYE 2s. Sweetest hitting irons ever. I have looked at finding another set but the prices are insane! My ISIs are the K models in SS, with larger head sizes. Literally got them at a clearance sale at my local pro shop. They suit me fine, and, as my Dad always said, "If it ain't broke, don't go trying to fix it."
Those clubs were amazing.

JogginFrog

Annika Clark finishes solo third in the WAPT Central Arkansas Open, three shots behind the winner, Amanda Kim. Clark earns $1,300 for her effort. Kim was gifted the win by Kristen Gillman, who had a three-stroke lead with two to play--then drove into trouble on the last two holes to lose by one.

MN Frog

Mizuno all day. I get about 5-8 less yards off them than some of the other clubs I've hit, but they feel like butter. Super forgiving and bigger sweet spot it feels like.