• The KillerFrogs

Since golf is the only sport on now really...a quick note about a couple pro Frogs...

Punter1

So my man Robbie Ormand (we are both members at Onion Creek in Austin) Monday qualified AGAIN for the Korn Ferry Tour's event in San Antonio.

To put it in perspective...only 4 spots were given for 150+ entries and he shoots -8 and goes to a playoff and gets one of the two spots with five other guys.

He's grinding his ass off...6 rounds in 8 days...going -31 under.

So my man Robbie Ormand (we are both members at Onion Creek in Austin) Monday qualified AGAIN for the Korn Ferry Tour's event in San Antonio.

To put it in perspective...only 4 spots were given for 150+ entries and he shoots -8 and goes to a playoff and gets one of the two spots with five other guys.

He's grinding his ass off...6 rounds in 8 days...going -31 under.
The scores they are shooting these days in Monday qualifiers are insanely good. It seems like some guy shoots 10 or 11 under each week.

Forget about how far the guys are hitting it. I'm not sure people really appreciate how hard it is to make 10 or 11 birdie putts in a round, under pressure, on courses that are set up fairly difficult.

froggolf65

Big 2 weeks for Ormand. He had limited status on the KFT and made the cut last week so he is no in the reshuffle. Every dollar he makes gets him better status for the next year and a half season.

JogginFrog

On the Korn Ferry Tour, Paul Barjon is off to another good start in San Antonio (-5, T3 in round 1; still -5 through 10 holes in Round 2). Robby Ormand has work to do to make the cut; will need to pick up at least 3 birdies in his last 13 holes; J.J. Henry will get the weekend off.
https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/tournaments/tpc-san-antonio-championship/leaderboard.html

On the APT/WAPT mini tours, men's and women's events are being played concurrently in Texarkana. On the men's side, Franklin Corpening is T11 through one round (-4); among the women, Annika Clark is T15 (+1).
https://agpts.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/agpt20/event/agpt207/contest/1/leaderboard.htm
https://wapt.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/wapt20/event/wapt2011/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

Edit: leaderboard links added.

JogginFrog

Paul Barjon finishes two great weeks in San Antonio with a T2 at the San Antonio Championship at the Oaks. He is now 5th on the Korn Ferry points list (up from 22nd two weeks ago).

Annika Clark and Franklin Corpening finish T17 and T36 respectively in the men's and women's APT/WAPT tourney in Texarkana.

Mean Purple

If someone is good enough to do that consistently he should try out for the asian tour. Easier competition than Korn Ferry and you can get wayyy up in the world golf rankings. Travel sucks but it's an easier ladder to climb if you can handle that.
Didn't Payne Stewart come up through the Asian tour?

FinanceFrog

any golf fans out there should check out DraftKings and their fantasy golf contests. each week (recently anyway - I think it used to be just majors) they’ll do a contest where it’s $20 to enter and 1st place gets $1mm. your odds of finishing first aren’t great but I’ve finished in the money 2 out of the last 3 weeks. makes the tournaments really interesting.

there’s also head to head matchups where you can put up some money and play someone else.

give it a shot if you are into golf at all.

Mean Purple

any golf fans out there should check out DraftKings and their fantasy golf contests. each week (recently anyway - I think it used to be just majors) they’ll do a contest where it’s $20 to enter and 1st place gets $1mm. your odds of finishing first aren’t great but I’ve finished in the money 2 out of the last 3 weeks. makes the tournaments really interesting.

there’s also head to head matchups where you can put up some money and play someone else.

give it a shot if you are into golf at all.
I'm sure LVH can cover some action for ya.
:)

Paint It Purple

Thanks to those who have offered input. And y'all were right.

I practiced on Saturday and really focused on my set up. I was not really bringing the clubface through correctly. Focused some more and hit some great cuts and draws.

Then went home and got out of the dang heat.
Different subject, but it’s my time for new irons. Narrowed to Mizuno jxp919 forged, Cleveland uhx forged, Srixon 785z. There’s so much out there. Never been fitted, but thinking I will this time. Any thoughts on subject, appreciated.