• The KillerFrogs

SI- TCU’s Gary Patterson Has Something to Teach NFL Coaches About Defense

Billy Clyde

Pretty big respect shown by this article for Gary's methods:

Because TCU had an eventual first-round pick (Seattle’s LJ Collier) and second-round pick (Indianapolis’ Ben Banogu) going into the draft, loads of NFL scouts filtered through Fort Worth this spring. And it quickly became clear that one after another, they came with more than one purpose.

It didn’t take long for Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson to catch on, either. Film sessions that’d normally go for about an hour were lasting three and four hours at a time, and with good reason—or reasons.

“They met with them extraordinarily long,” Patterson said, earlier this week. “And that’s for two reasons. Number one, they wanted to find out how much they knew. But also the little bit I talked to them, and I tried to stay out of their business, they were also trying to find out what our mindset was, why we were doing certain things.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tcu-gary-patterson-something-teach-112505372.html

Eight

Pretty big respect shown by this article for Gary's methods:

Because TCU had an eventual first-round pick (Seattle’s LJ Collier) and second-round pick (Indianapolis’ Ben Banogu) going into the draft, loads of NFL scouts filtered through Fort Worth this spring. And it quickly became clear that one after another, they came with more than one purpose.

It didn’t take long for Horned Frogs coach Gary Patterson to catch on, either. Film sessions that’d normally go for about an hour were lasting three and four hours at a time, and with good reason—or reasons.

“They met with them extraordinarily long,” Patterson said, earlier this week. “And that’s for two reasons. Number one, they wanted to find out how much they knew. But also the little bit I talked to them, and I tried to stay out of their business, they were also trying to find out what our mindset was, why we were doing certain things.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/tcu-gary-patterson-something-teach-112505372.html

articles like this, comments like niangs about ct need to be hammered out non-stop to every recruit, every potential recruit, every coach - trainer- 7-on-7 sponsor, media menber etc...

Billy Clyde

Really a fairly deep dive into his philosophy of problem-solving. Also *very* revealing about his recruiting approach, and why we've had tight ends kicking our butts so often. This may be the single most-revealing discussion I've seen Gary allow.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Hopefully this will result in a lot more Frogs getting looked at by the NFL. They have already commented in the past on conditioning and preparedness, but by understanding LHCGMFP's defense they will not simply discount guys because they are "system" players.