• The KillerFrogs

SI.com Explanation... Please Read

He is passionate about the Frogs and it may be best as a reader to focus on his game and team analysis and content rather than critiquing his writing. He is not a professional writer but is stepping up and has posted five football articles and I bet they are more appealing than letters to the opponent. A log of the season provided by Barry and FanNation at a convenient free location. On Tuesday, he also posted this past week’s review of Frogs in the NFL which appears to be a weekly series—where else do you find that.

Hi Barry

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Who Moved the Cheese?
As you know, military commanders were sent to new units all too regularly. We tried to address that the universal resistance to change was in us all. Then, we urged for the troops to try to keep an open mind. To the new commanders, we preached to try not to make this natural reaction worse by making changes with too little knowledge. Sometimes, two different OTS Flight Commanders would try to pound the lesson home by pretending to be swapping flights (for this lesson only). Telling the class that their old boss was replaced, but it was none of their damned business why, but implying their group progress was badly lacking. Then the "new" boss would make major decisions/changes at a whim, issuing demerits to one and all, and in general violating every principle of good management. The relief when the two instructors took back their original flights was palpable...at least 98 times out of 100. But, that's another story.

Bob Sugar

So after I received my 15th private message about this move this morning I thought I'd better put this in a post.
  1. Yes, if you go to Killerfrogs.com the old Wordpress site (which had only hosted the podcast links for years) now redirects to our managed FanNation area on SI.com.
  2. The forum is not part of this change and will always be available here (https://forum.killerfrogs.com)
  3. SI did not BUY KillerFrogs, we retain all rights to content we produce and post on SI.com as well as all previous works here on Killerfrogs.com
  4. This was always the plan Scott and Wes had for the site, not specifically partnering with SI, but I'll explain more below.
  5. Nothing will change on the forum, we're not getting rid of this part of the site, and in fact we're about to release an application for you to better use the forum and receive instant notifications along with a software update to the latest version of the board software which we're in dire need of upgrading to.
Now, some of you knew that Scott, Wes, and myself went down to College Station years ago to meet with the TexAgs team to discuss how KillerFrogs could move towards producing more content. The live podcast at Brewsters was part of that plan and both Scott and Wes were in the process of securing writers and content creators to generate TCU specific content (because the StarTelegram sucks) for KillerFrogs. Unfortunately, Scott's untimely passing put those plans on indefinite hold.

I'm not going to go into personal or behind the scenes issues, but it wasn't until Scott's part of KillerFrogs was secured by his brother WC this year that we were finally able to move forward with Scott's original vision. Of course Scott wanted the Wordpress site I had setup to be our content management system and he had plans to hire a local salesman to secure advertising and sponsorships for the site, but the landscape of online monetization has changed—a lot—since then. When SI approached Ryann about making KillerFrogs their TCU outlet for the FanNation it presented us with a platform and the means to help eventually get the site to where Scott, and now Ryann and WC, wanted to go.

Think of this move more of a change to the KillerFrogs homepage rather than us changing everything about the site. We've just upgraded to SI's content management system and have partnered with writers to provide more TCU specific content. That's all. Of course, if you are a writer or would like to provide content for the site (which might include media passes to games, et al) then email myself or Ryann (first name at Killerfrogs dot com).

I hope that clarifies the change to the homepage. Yes I know there are some things I need to fix like the link to the forum, but like changing any content management system it'll take a few days to work out the kinks.
tl;dr Muck sucks

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The new landing page for the main site looks nice. My bookmark is for the forum and it works just like it always has. If I ever need to search for the forum I type in frog fan forum and it is always the first link.

Last edited:

TheElephant

So after I received my 15th private message about this move this morning I thought I'd better put this in a post.
  1. Yes, if you go to Killerfrogs.com the old Wordpress site (which had only hosted the podcast links for years) now redirects to our managed FanNation area on SI.com.
  2. The forum is not part of this change and will always be available here (https://forum.killerfrogs.com)
  3. SI did not BUY KillerFrogs, we retain all rights to content we produce and post on SI.com as well as all previous works here on Killerfrogs.com
  4. This was always the plan Scott and Wes had for the site, not specifically partnering with SI, but I'll explain more below.
  5. Nothing will change on the forum, we're not getting rid of this part of the site, and in fact we're about to release an application for you to better use the forum and receive instant notifications along with a software update to the latest version of the board software which we're in dire need of upgrading to.
Now, some of you knew that Scott, Wes, and myself went down to College Station years ago to meet with the TexAgs team to discuss how KillerFrogs could move towards producing more content. The live podcast at Brewsters was part of that plan and both Scott and Wes were in the process of securing writers and content creators to generate TCU specific content (because the StarTelegram sucks) for KillerFrogs. Unfortunately, Scott's untimely passing put those plans on indefinite hold.

I'm not going to go into personal or behind the scenes issues, but it wasn't until Scott's part of KillerFrogs was secured by his brother WC this year that we were finally able to move forward with Scott's original vision. Of course Scott wanted the Wordpress site I had setup to be our content management system and he had plans to hire a local salesman to secure advertising and sponsorships for the site, but the landscape of online monetization has changed—a lot—since then. When SI approached Ryann about making KillerFrogs their TCU outlet for the FanNation it presented us with a platform and the means to help eventually get the site to where Scott, and now Ryann and WC, wanted to go.

Think of this move more of a change to the KillerFrogs homepage rather than us changing everything about the site. We've just upgraded to SI's content management system and have partnered with writers to provide more TCU specific content. That's all. Of course, if you are a writer or would like to provide content for the site (which might include media passes to games, et al) then email myself or Ryann (first name at Killerfrogs dot com).

I hope that clarifies the change to the homepage. Yes I know there are some things I need to fix like the link to the forum, but like changing any content management system it'll take a few days to work out the kinks.

Thanks for everything y'all. This site has meant a lot to me!

Latest posts