1. The KillerFrogs

Should you have the right to reject a Corona vaccine?

Discussion in 'Killingsworth Court, Formerly The General Forum' started by ThisIsOurTime, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Would the same people who say my body, my choice with abortion be able to justify forcing others to take the vaccine?

2. I think the main board has gone wheels off, you can probably post this in the Covid thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. They would justify it by citing the need for herd immunity to protect society as a whole.

4. Sure. You don't have to put anything in your body you don't want.

Of course, everyone else has the right to say that they don't want you around putting others at risk, including schools, employment, etc. A democratic society has the right to make that decision.

5. I'm not an anti-vaxer. However, If the vaccine works, why should vaccinated people care if other people aren't vaccinated?

6. For the same reason we're doing what we're doing now, and taking extra caution with the at-risk population: You don't want to be a carrier to someone who can not receive the vaccine, such as the immunocompromised.

It's a tragedy of the commons scenario: If enough people take the above position (benefit from herd immunity but don't themselves get immunity), you lose heard immunity and the virus spreads faster.

See what has happened the last 15-20 years with Measles as the anti-Vax movement became more popular and vaccination rates declined.

Sweat Equity likes this.