• The KillerFrogs

Short statistical round up of Ft. Worth regional

___________W-L____ERA/Opp. ERA__BA/Opp BA____SOS___ISR__RPI

TCU_______46-11___3.54/7.68______.343/.252______58____6____15
Baylor_____34-22___3.93/6.53______.309/.274______39___33____35
Arizona____33-22___4.55/6.18______.323/.277______10___23____24
Lamar_____35-24___4.97/6.38______.302/.293_____167__105___117

So basically, we are head and shoulders above the rest of the group in all categories. Arizona really cooled off at the end of the year when Baylor was peaking and is why Baylor is the 2 seed, despite being lower ranked. It would not surprise me at all if Arizona beat Baylor to start the series.

Lamar should just be happy to be here after finishing 6th in their conference.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 1 2010, 04:09 PM) [snapback]566842[/snapback]
Stats do not mean much in CWS with Fresno State and Oregon State x2 winning recently. They help, but it is about who is hot and who stays hot.

We didn't win the SOS stat. From what I have read so far, sounds like those two losses to AFA cost us a national seed. It's ok now though. I almost relish this bunch getting to Austin. Especially after what Garrido was quoted as saying in that DMN article:

Coach Augie Garrido dismissed the late slump as a product of disinterest.

"Even a lion will pass up a kill if it just ate," Garrido said.

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 1 2010, 05:09 PM) [snapback]566842[/snapback]
Stats do not mean much in CWS with Fresno State and Oregon State x2 winning recently. They help, but it is about who is hot and who stays hot.

So, you'd be willing to put money on Lamar, since they are really hot winning their last 5 games? You think they'd beat Arizona, who has lost 6 straight series and 13 out of their last 19 games?

By the way, Fresno State lost 10 of their final 17 before winning the WAC tourney and starting their run in the CWS. So they were not "hot" by any means going into regionals.

Frogo

QUOTE(PurplePutt @ Jun 1 2010, 10:14 PM) [snapback]566845[/snapback]
We didn't win the SOS stat. From what I have read so far, sounds like those two losses to AFA cost us a national seed. It's ok now though. I almost relish this bunch getting to Austin. Especially after what Garrido was quoted as saying in that DMN article:

Coach Augie Garrido dismissed the late slump as a product of disinterest.

"Even a lion will pass up a kill if it just ate," Garrido said.

Maybe Garrido's was an inadvertent comment on his team's lack of hunger for the championship.

Young and Horned

QUOTE(Frognosticator @ Jun 1 2010, 04:19 PM) [snapback]566847[/snapback]
So, you'd be willing to put money on Lamar, since they are really hot winning their last 5 games? You think they'd beat Arizona, who has lost 6 straight series and 13 out of their last 19 games?

By the way, Fresno State lost 10 of their final 17 before winning the WAC tourney and starting their run in the CWS. So they were not "hot" by any means going into regionals.

Umm exactly. Any team can turn hot in the Regionals.

Houston Frog

Just my opinion, but I think people are making a little bit too big of a deal about the Auggie Garrido comments. UT didn't need to perform well in the Big XII Tournament, they already had the national seed locked up. They didn't even throw their top 3 pitchers in their 3 games, I think Garrido was just being honest.

QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 1 2010, 05:52 PM) [snapback]566866[/snapback]
Umm exactly. Any team can turn hot in the Regionals.

You said it was all about who is hot and who stays hot. Fresno was not hot going into regionals. Thus, they couldn't "stay" hot. They got hot. Thus, according to your own example, they should not have made it. They were a fluke.

FrogsMcGee

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 1 2010, 05:11 PM) [snapback]566877[/snapback]
Just my opinion, but I think people are making a little bit too big of a deal about the Auggie Garrido comments. UT didn't need to perform well in the Big XII Tournament, they already had the national seed locked up. They didn't even throw their top 3 pitchers in their 3 games, I think Garrido was just being honest.

Agree with your point regarding Garrido, but Jungmann and Green did throw the 2nd and 3rd games. They used a weekday guy for the first game.

PurplePutt

QUOTE(FrogsMcGee @ Jun 1 2010, 05:32 PM) [snapback]566895[/snapback]
Agree with your point regarding Garrido, but Jungmann and Green did throw the 2nd and 3rd games. They used a weekday guy for the first game.

Garrido comment no big deal. Just arrogant and increases my disgust for UT. Schloss would never say something like that.

TCU needs to take care of business this weekend (I hope, I hope) and then go to Austin and sweep UT (assuming they are more hungry this weekend).

FrogsMcGee

The coaches and leaders of this team will not allow overconfidence. We have played too many games against Southland Conference teams not the respect the fact that it is a solid baseball conference. Plus, the guys will have 4000 or so fans cheering them on. I cant imagine they will enter an atmosphere like that lacking focus.

TCU2002

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Jun 1 2010, 06:11 PM) [snapback]566877[/snapback]

I think, if you are a coach, it is your job to coach up your team to win every game. Garrido is either admitting that he could not motivate his guys, or that he chose not to even try. Either one is a startling omission to make publicly, and it sounds incredibly arrogant. I don't know why a coach would ever say something to that effect, even if it was true that he personally did not care if his team won or not.

Frogo

QUOTE(Johnnyhornedfrog @ Jun 2 2010, 12:22 AM) [snapback]566916[/snapback]
The two AFA losses are still bothering me real bad. They didn't belong on the same field. I hope we don't go in to the Lamar game overconfident.

Weather in Colorado Springs was a huge factor in those losses.

steelfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(Frogstupidcator @ Jun 1 2010, 08:41 PM) [snapback]566820[/snapback]
___________W-L____ERA/Opp. ERA__BA/Opp BA____SOS___ISR__RPI

TCU_______46-11___3.54/7.68______.343/.252______58____6____15
Baylor_____34-22___3.93/6.53______.309/.274______39___33____35
Arizona____33-22___4.55/6.18______.323/.277______10___23____24
Lamar_____35-24___4.97/6.38______.302/.293_____167__105___117

So basically, Steel is head and shoulders above me in all categories.

Yes, that was short, like your pecker, but also sweet, unlike your pecker. At least that's what your oriental girlfriend told me in a post-coital revelation that Steel didn't find necessary.

SnoSki

QUOTE(Johnnyhornedfrog @ Jun 1 2010, 06:22 PM) [snapback]566916[/snapback]
The two AFA losses are still bothering me real bad. They didn't belong on the same field. I hope we don't go in to the Lamar game overconfident.

We won't. The hitters at AF were sitting on fastball and when they saw it, they swung for the fence. It's a short porch and high altitude.. they just hit more than we did those days.

QUOTE(steelfrog @ Jun 2 2010, 12:35 AM) [snapback]567000[/snapback]
Yes, that was short, like your pecker, but also sweet, unlike your pecker. At least that's what your oriental girlfriend told me in a post-coital revelation that Steel didn't find necessary.

I had a similar conversation with your Mormon ex-girlfriend. Well, she wasn't your ex until I was finished with her.

At least you dumped her. With prejudice.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(Young and Horned @ Jun 2 2010, 12:07 AM) [snapback]567002[/snapback]
Only one of those losses can be blamed to conditions and the AF field.

Half the team was also sick.