• The KillerFrogs

Shooting on Texas Tech's campus...

Chongo94

Campus police hq is thankfully somewhat removed from the dorms and classrooms. That said, right across the street are a few apt complexes.

Definitely weird because generally there is zero reason to be over on that part of campus at that time of night unless you're a cop or I'm guessing are getting dealt with by the campus police.

Also, for what it's worth, many people on campus consider the campus cops far more professional and better than the Lubbock cops. They seem to react to problems and calls faster too.

Last edited:

Chongo94

New info: http://m.kcbd.com/kcbd/db_331352/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=IvergnT7

Oct 9, 2017 08:47 PM
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - Lubbock police confirm that a Texas Tech police officer has been shot and killed at Texas Tech Police Headquarters.

It happened around 8 p.m. on Monday night at the Texas Tech Police building at 413 Flint Avenue.

Texas Tech officials tell us they brought a student in for a welfare check, once at the PD building, the student pulled a gun and shot the officer, killing him. Then the student fled.

Police tell us the shooter fled in a vehicle and is still at large as of Monday night. Texas Tech campus is on lockdown, everyone on campus should take shelter in a safe location. UMC is also on lockdown.

Early reports say the shooting suspect is 6 feet tall, 140 pounds, with red hair and blue eyes, wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

The inside of the building has been cleared and a SWAT team is assisting with the search.

Everyone is advised to avoid the area of 4th & Flint.

Chongo94

Swat has apparently cut power to a dorm on campus....on the complete other side of campus from the hq actually. This is what I'm being told from friends so not verified

Punter1

Active shooter is a bit of a stretch...that implies in my opinion a person randomly shooting people.

This guy shot a cop trying to bust him for drugs.

Latest posts