• The KillerFrogs

Shohei Ohtani

hiphopfroggy

Wow, for those who haven't heard, he is a 6'4 23yr old Japanese rookie for the LA Angels. Dude is a freak of nature who, wait for it, is a starting pitcher and DH! I believe he already got a W and hit a HR, I happened to see him yank a rope into right field for a single. Apparently he holds the record for fastest pitch in the Japanese league at 103!

What does any of this have to do with TCU?

Luken Baker.

Is his throwing arm healed?

If so would he be interested in returning to the bump?

I completely understood the direction he and the staff took with his career but it seems that Ohtani has blown the doors right off the mindset of either pro pitcher or pro hitter but no possibility of both.

Unfortunately 1st base has not proven to be the safe haven health wise for Baker as planned. I mean, I'm not sure he has less risk of injury at first than on the mound, or which position his heart prefers. But I do know Landestoy, the SP era, and now Ohtani.

So what say you frog faithful?

Any way Baker could be the next Ohtani?

What would be best for Bakers pro career?

What gives the Frogs the best chance of winning this year before Baker leaves?

How heavily should all of these and other factors be weighed in making such a critical decision?

hiphopfroggy

Homers again.

Shohei Ohtani Proving Two-Way MLB Stardom Is Far from a Myth

The 23-year-old Japanese phenom made his first start for the Los Angeles Angels on April 1 and earned a win with six mostly dominant innings. Two days later on April 3, he collected his first major league home run as the Angels' designated hitter.

According to MLB Stat of the Day, nobody had seen anything like this since Babe Ruth in 1921: As if to prove a point, Ohtani homered again the very next day...off two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber, no less.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...roving-two-way-mlb-stardom-is-far-from-a-myth

Bambino?
Ohtani?
Baker?

What could be more exciting than seeing Baker back on the bump? We know the pitching staff needs help and Landestoy is a world class 1b.

Ron Swanson

Homers again.

Shohei Ohtani Proving Two-Way MLB Stardom Is Far from a Myth

The 23-year-old Japanese phenom made his first start for the Los Angeles Angels on April 1 and earned a win with six mostly dominant innings. Two days later on April 3, he collected his first major league home run as the Angels' designated hitter.

According to MLB Stat of the Day, nobody had seen anything like this since Babe Ruth in 1921: As if to prove a point, Ohtani homered again the very next day...off two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber, no less.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...roving-two-way-mlb-stardom-is-far-from-a-myth

Bambino?
Ohtani?
Baker?

What could be more exciting than seeing Baker back on the bump? We know the pitching staff needs help and Landestoy is a world class 1b.
It’s not happening with Baker

FBallFan123

What Ohtani is doing is revolutionary...and it really took his situation: a Japanese player coming over as a free agent for basically a nothing contract to force MLB teams to agree to let him do both.

But this could lead to major changes in the way teams handle prospects that can both hit and pitch.

The next test case will be Brendan McKay....who some scouts considered a top 10 pick in last yea'rs draft as both a hitter and a pitcher.

He's one to really follow...because he's going to do both in the Ray's system and we'll see how far he goes doing both, and whether he can do it all the way to Tampa Bay.