• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson update.....

y2kFrog

The only inside knowledge I have is having watched every game. The trend so far this year has been SR will play unless he can't walk or throw under his own power.

FrogLifeYo

The only inside knowledge I have is having watched every game. The trend so far this year has been SR will play unless he can't walk or throw under his own power.

If that’s the case, and I have no doubt it could be, why do people continue to buy the narrative that he barely beat Collins out in the off season? A guy who is barely good enough to beat out the back up surely isn’t a better option than the back up when he isn’t playing at 100%..I can for sure say that if SR goes out and gets the start with a big ass shoulder brace than this was not a really competition in the off season..

Eight

If that’s the case, and I have no doubt it could be, why do people continue to buy the narrative that he barely beat Collins out in the off season? A guy who is barely good enough to beat out the back up surely isn’t a better option than the back up when he isn’t playing at 100%..I can for sure say that if SR goes out and gets the start with a big ass shoulder brace than this was not a really competition in the off season..

same reason people keep re-electing the same people and expect things to change in government......part hope.....part alcohol abuse......part dumb assery

netty2424

Was about to post something similar. It’s strange though, GP sure has been adamant about MC getting snaps.

Moose Stuff

And sometimes the backup just ends up being better and you don’t know until he actually plays.

FrogLifeYo

And sometimes the backup just ends up being better and you don’t know until he actually plays.
Absolutely true. There is obviously something they are seeing in him during the week that says he can’t be as successful as Robinson. He might just be so far behind Robinson Monday through Friday that it’s a given in the coaches eyes he’s not a great option. It’s all speculation and conjecture until we see for certain. If ever there were a week for him to get his opportunity, this it.

Moose Stuff

Absolutely true. There is obviously something they are seeing in him during the week that says he can’t be as successful as Robinson. He might just be so far behind Robinson Monday through Friday that it’s a given in the coaches eyes he’s not a great option. It’s all speculation and conjecture until we see for certain. If ever there were a week for him to get his opportunity, this it.

Tua was a backup for 13 1/2 games last year and turns out he’s the best QB in college football history.

CountryFrog

Pretty sure it's not very nice to tweet something that says somebody is NOT expected to start tomorrow. Might there be a better way of wording that statement?
That was my first thought too. If you've got the scoop then it seems like the way to share it would be that Robinson WILL start.