• The KillerFrogs

Shawn Robinson tranferring

SuperTFrog

Don't feel bad. I feel like the majority of this board has seen Dalton in Matthews, Joeckel, Sawyer, Wooten, etc... it's a white QB/backup epidemic.
Every white backup is the next Dalton and every black backup is the next Boykin. Just like in the NFL they say every white LB is a blue collar lunch pail kind of player. So dumb.

Double V

Don't feel bad. I feel like the majority of this board has seen Dalton in Matthews, Joeckel, Sawyer, Wooten, etc... it's a white QB/backup epidemic.
Admittedly, I dont follow recruiting THAT closely, but I never understood the Wooten love. Everytime I saw a picture of the young man I thought we had offered some 8th grade phenom or something. Ditto Beuchelle at UT.

Paint It Purple

If one of those two is Kenny Hill then I’d argue that he’s 1-2. Kenny was way better than this fan base gives him credit for. We win 8-10 games this year with him.
Wasn’t KH supposed to help coach-up SR on the sideline. Seemed to me every time a pick was thrown or a fumble lost, SR was smiling away, with KH by his side. Not sure what the messaging was. Not criticizing, just wondering our well that plan worked out.
If KH had been the QB this year TCU damn sure beats Tech and KU
I thought it was KH's job to coach'm up on the sideline?

Wasn’t KH supposed to help coach-up SR on the sideline. Seemed to me every time a pick was thrown or a fumble lost, SR was smiling away, with KH by his side. Not sure what the messaging was. Not criticizing, just wondering our well that plan worked out.

Whatever. If your KH hate is so strong you need to put SR’s failings on a first year guy be my guest.

Well Somebody taught him the Blackfoot throw.

Too soon?

GetToTheQB

The only person who should be blamed for the absolute criminal use of Shawn Robinson should be sonny Cumbie. This kid was here for two years and we cannot get him game ready/ make the game come to him? how do you draw up a scheme to beat Oklahoma state with Greyson Muehlstein but not find a way to get more points on the board with the texas gatorade player of the year? It is absolutely egregious that this is not hit on hundreds of times a day in this thread.

Eight

The only person who should be blamed for the absolute criminal use of Shawn Robinson should be sonny Cumbie. This kid was here for two years and we cannot get him game ready/ make the game come to him? how do you draw up a scheme to beat Oklahoma state with Greyson Muehlstein but not find a way to get more points on the board with the texas gatorade player of the year? It is absolutely egregious that this is not hit on hundreds of times a day in this thread.

huh.......you have to be a troll because no one who graduated from tcu would be so obtuse as to ask the question of how cumbie could find a way to win against oklahoma state with greyson and not find a way to put points on the board with shawn when it became quite apparent one has been paying attention for 4+ years and the other still doesn't reason being the gatorade player of the year doesn't mean [ Finebaum ] as soon as enter college.

flyfishingfrog

I think that maybe since he came up with a plan for Muehlstein that worked - he had one for SR and either Cumbie over estimated his game ability based on what he saw in practice when there was no rush and no one was going to hit him with the red jersey on

Or SR couldn’t execute the plan when the game pressure was on

Horny4TCU

Well you see, you can make plays for the Texas Gatorade player of the year... but that's only if he can pick up a defense, throw a ball to the team with the same jersey, or hold on to it when he runs... Did he need some coaching, hell yes, but how much did SC try. The old adage you can lead a horse to water comes to mind. And if they were relying on KH to do the coaching shame on them (SC and GP). You truly do get what you pay for...

Wexahu

I think that maybe since he came up with a plan for Muehlstein that worked - he had one for SR and either Cumbie over estimated his game ability based on what he saw in practice when there was no rush and no one was going to hit him with the red jersey on

Or SR couldn’t execute the plan when the game pressure was on

Or Muehlstein played against probably 2 of the 3 worst defenses in the Big 12.

Eight

Well you see, you can make plays for the Texas Gatorade player of the year... but that's only if he can pick up a defense, throw a ball to the team with the same jersey, or hold on to it when he runs... Did he need some coaching, hell yes, but how much did SC try. The old adage you can lead a horse to water comes to mind. And if they were relying on KH to do the coaching shame on them (SC and GP). You truly do get what you pay for...

who said they were relying on hill to do any coaching?

in my mind from looking back from 10,000 feet hill was never coaching robinson, but was trying to be the catalyst between what sonny wanted done on the field and shawns 20-year old mind that seems to be a bit tainted with "due you know who i am" syndrome.

hill was being the sponsor from aa telling the person struggling that he had been in the same place and to work the process. problem is maybe shawn wasn't listening to himself and possibly those in his camp.

as many have pointed out he continued to make the same mistakes and those got magnified as opponents honed in and he pressed harder to prove his way was the right way.