• The KillerFrogs

Shaggy Texas: TCU-OSU game thread

Tom Brown

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/181680-TCU-Oklahoma-State

Wildly entertaining!

1.Opens with horns pedicting our demise, and the number of reasons why.

2. Surprise at our control of the game

3. Multiple pages of confusion on the holding/illegal touching punt

4. Gundy mockery

5. Then the twist: horn vs poke internet brawl

6. Comes together with mandatory aggy snipes.

Would read again!

Wexahu

Why? We play them Nov 18, well within the timeframe of their annual 6 game losing streak where they give up 50 points a game

Because it's not an easy place to win. We don't exactly have a stellar track record against them either, aside from the 82-point game. We were ranked in the Top 10 last time we went out there and were lucky as hell to win. That wasn't a very good Tech team either. Nor was last year's.

MinFrog

Because it's not an easy place to win. We don't exactly have a stellar track record against them either, aside from the 82-point game. We were ranked in the Top 10 last time we went out there and were lucky as hell to win. That wasn't a very good Tech team either. Nor was last year's.
Big difference now is that we have the combination of great run game and great defense. Much more consistency in that combo than passing it 60 times for 400 yards.

It's been a while (2011?) since we had a team that could run it like this and had size/speed on defense.

Casey T

It would be good for our ranking and the B12 if tech goes 8-4 or 9-3. Unfortunately they're the only other B12 team besides us and the Oklahoma schools who took care of business in the non-con and won all their games.

Texas, WVU, Iowa state, and k state all blew games they should've won

rifram09

Ya, Ike it or not, the B12 could use a good showing from Tech this year. They are looking at a minimum of 6 wins already, and if they steal a few from the likes of WVU, KSU, or Texas, they could easily reach 8-9 wins. I would actually rank it as likely. I'm not sure that means we'll struggle with them, but you have to be a little nervous since it's in Lubbock.

TK2000

Do you think Alabama or Clemson would have their hands full in Lubbock?

If we are a real contender for the playoff we don't lose games like that. We take care of business

Wexahu

Big difference now is that we have the combination of great run game and great defense. Much more consistency in that combo than passing it 60 times for 400 yards.

It's been a while (2011?) since we had a team that could run it like this and had size/speed on defense.

Oh ok, never mind. It'll be an easy win. Maybe GP can rest a few starters and get everyone healthy for the stretch run.

Chongo94

We will have our hands full in Lubbock.

So far, aside from the first win, Tech has only won by a touchdown or less in two games. There was a huge second half comeback by ASU, and once Houston benched their overrated ex Aggie qb, they started a comeback on Tech as well, too little too late.

The defense has improved but it's still shaky I think. Long way to go before November.

Tom Brown

While lubbock is no easy place to win, neither is manhattan or norman.

The original comment was at tceh proud of a 24-21 victory over UH. Between now and november we will see what they really are.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Some faves from that thread:

"Yeah, that's Pattersons famous cream of $#@! stew. Get it together Pokes."
"Feeling a little better about our game against Okie lite in Austin. Feeling a lot worse about the TCU game in Fort Worth."
"Gundy's mullet looked a lot cooler when they were winning. Now it just looks sad."
"Boy those paddleslappers haven't been skimping at the dining hall"
"TCU with a smile and a Song."
"If we really had the choice, I can't believe we $#@!ing took Kyle Porter instead of Darius Anderson"
"I'm afraid both will kick our ass."

ftwfrog

So far, aside from the first win, Tech has only won by a touchdown or less in two games. There was a huge second half comeback by ASU, and once Houston benched their overrated ex Aggie qb, they started a comeback on Tech as well, too little too late.

The defense has improved but it's still shaky I think. Long way to go before November.
Getting ahead of ourselves. Focus on this week.

Beat Bye.