• The KillerFrogs

Sewo???

Froginbedford

There are ads for toilet douches running on this thread. What’s up with that?

We sucked against OU last few years period. Offense, defense whatever it was bad. I hope we see a big swing in the other direction this season. Tired of losing to them.

Yes, we have underperformed against OU since 2016...but so has the rest of the conference....It's irritating to consistently lose to a particular school (recall the non-win streaks against Arkansas, A&M, and UT in the SWC days) but it's obvious that OU has far-outdistanced the rest of the Big 12 since 2016 as well....That's just what OU does....In the Big 8, OU won 13 consecutive championships (1947-1959) and 8 between 1972-1980....And now, 4 straight B12 championships....OU gonna OU....

Froginbedford

OU just has our number these last few years, but I don't think Hurts can replicate what Murray and Baker were able to do. So there's a chance...

For the last four years, OU has had the number of all of the Big 12 schools, even with the losses to Iowa State in 2017 and Texas in 2018....

But, what do we do with our other two safeties? We play 5.

We play one deep not three deep, which is why we give up deep touchdown passes too often. Only a highly accurate qb can hurt us, but OU has had them. Just a thought keep all in front of us make an offense drive the whole field. They may get holding penalty etc.

Purp

Actually feel like I read that one or both may not miss the whole game? Did I read that wrong? Anyone know?
Seems like I saw that somewhere too. Maybe heard it on the FrogCast. Can't recall for sure, but I was expecting to see DA on Saturday and wait a week before seeing Sewo.

Wexahu

For the last four years, OU has had the number of all of the Big 12 schools, even with the losses to Iowa State in 2017 and Texas in 2018....

One thing that can get overlooked is the fact that they have had virtually no QB injuries during this recent run. The one time Mayfield missed a half against us, heck we almost came back and won the game with a very flawed team (and missing our own QB). It just changes everything when one, you have a really good QB, and two, he stays healthy.

What if Hurts goes down? Then I think they go to a true freshman, which regardless of how much people want us to play our own true freshman, I think OU's prospects take a huge hit if that happens even if the kid is super highly regarded. Same with UT, they are one QB injury away from probably nobody thinking they are a Top 25 team. Who is Ehlinger's backup?

QB health doesn't seem so critical to us as we're not really counting on our QB to carry us, at this point to some degree we kind of just need someone to not screw it up. And if our starter goes down, I'm not sure our prospects for the season change a great deal.

Casey T

The last time baylor had the long run of qb luck, it caught up to them in 2015 and they had no more qb's by bowl season. It has to catch up to OU at some point

Mean Purple

To me, OU is in re-load mode at this point, meaning they’re becoming plug n play like the select few elite programs in college football. Let’s just hope they start to miss on some guys and the gap shrinks.
Agreed. That qb they have starting got a team to a national championship. Then stepped in after not starting and saved a the day in a conference championship. 7 on 7 qb's are nice, but championship type gamers are a whole different thing. OU recruits very well. Their unknowns are better than most well knowns.

netty2424

Agreed. That qb they have starting got a team to a national championship. Then stepped in after not starting and saved a the day in a conference championship. 7 on 7 qb's are nice, but championship type gamers are a whole different thing. OU recruits very well. Their unknowns are better than most well knowns.
I hate OU.

And Texas.

And Baylor.

And Tech. Actually kind of respect their recent sports success but still hate them.

Mean Purple

I hate OU.

And Texas.

And Baylor.

And Tech. Actually kind of respect their recent sports success but still hate them.
Somebody on here did not like last year when I posted my usual view of "to [Waco] with the rest of the teams in the conference. Don't hate them all, hate some for sure. I hope the Frogs destroy them all.