• The KillerFrogs

Sewo???

Horny4TCU

What's the deal with Sewo? I heard he got caught for something, but haven't heard any updates. Is he still on the team?

netty2424

No idea what the hold up is on this case. But isn’t he kind of running short on time? Less than 60 days before kick, right?

SnoSki

Maybe one of the attorneys on here can chime in with how long it usually takes for things to develop. I think he was charged but since then, nothing. The Huntsville
Courthouse can’t be that busy.

Atomic Frawg

He likely caught a huge break with the new hemp/CBD oil laws. Because most labs in Texas cannot currently differentiate between marijuana and hemp, as defined by the code, many district attorneys offices are throwing out cases right now. His case could actually get tossed.

Last edited:

netty2424

He likely caught a huge break with the new hemp/CBD oil laws. Because most labs in Texas cannot currently differentiate between marijuana and hemp, as defined by the code, many district attorneys offices are throwing out cases right now. His case could actually get tossed.
Yah but weren’t there some clearly marked edibles involved as well?

Billy Clyde

Maybe one of the attorneys on here can chime in with how long it usually takes for things to develop. I think he was charged but since then, nothing. The Huntsville
Courthouse can’t be that busy.

You might be surprised. Walker County is extremely busy these days, the growth is dramatic. Since Exxon (and XTO) have gone to a huge campus in The Woodlands, which was already overcrowded, it has driven residential development up I-45, first to Conroe, then New Waverly and now Huntsville. The north end of Lake Conroe has exploded and is in Walker County. It's kinda like Weatherford, previously-sleepy little town that is basically being consumed by the mega-city down the interstate. Without a doubt they will soon have an Omni there, and possibly even a 5Guys.
The DA there is new, inexperienced and probably struggling with policy decisions around marijuana, for reasons previously mentioned as well as political concerns.

4 Oaks Frog

Every time a discussion about Sewo, it turns to weed and hemp. Wonder what is on our mind!
GO FROGS ‘
BEAT EVERYBODY ‘
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

HG73

You might be surprised. Walker County is extremely busy these days, the growth is dramatic. Since Exxon (and XTO) have gone to a huge campus in The Woodlands, which was already overcrowded, it has driven residential development up I-45, first to Conroe, then New Waverly and now Huntsville. The north end of Lake Conroe has exploded and is in Walker County. It's kinda like Weatherford, previously-sleepy little town that is basically being consumed by the mega-city down the interstate. Without a doubt they will soon have an Omni there, and possibly even a 5Guys.
The DA there is new, inexperienced and probably struggling with policy decisions around marijuana, for reasons previously mentioned as well as political concerns.
Sounds like the new DA needs a bribe. I'm in for $100. More coming if needed.

tetonfrog

No Pappadeux? Then, they are clearly not big time.

Eight

technically, the exxon campus and the areas of commercial development just south including the new hp location are in far north harris county in an unincorporated area.

the growth has been going on for several years and most of the communities really didn't want to address the growth.

i would anticipate in the new future the woodlands start taking steps to change from a township into a true city to deal with the growth and challenges of the increased population and stresses placed on various municipal services.

montgomery county has been slower to adjust and talking with friends who moved to elm and old waverly to have some acreage and away from traffic walker county for the most part has taken the approach of just ignoring the impending growth. no shock his case hasn't come up yet from friends who are retired hpd in the area and i wouldn't be shocked if it isn't for a few months. there are bigger issues to deal with in the area.

SnoSki

My mom lives in Willis and yes the area has definitely grown. When I went to HS there they didn’t even have a whataburger. Now it’s a lot more developed.