• The KillerFrogs

Sewo...can’t wait

jake102

Seems to be final, but who knows. Very disappointing, nonetheless.

And JC is just the messenger. He relays what he hears to be fact. I think he does a good job vetting the info and seems to only come forward with info from his 'trusted' sources. At least that's my perception.

It was definitely a hot button. I asked about it once over there a couple months ago and kind of got a chippy response about it. It was a a long shot from the start. GP gambled and lost on this one.

Yeah, just seems like his team info has been a tad bit off in the past few months.

FrogLifeYo

Also, what about Franklin?
A few months ago I mentioned that the “quick”’ recruiting of the DeMarcado could be signaling an issue with Franklin and it wasn’t taken very well around here.

Seemed like a lot of things didn’t add up about the Franklin commit or the DeMarcado commit.

4th. down

I don't remember a TCU RB with as much "fear factor" as Sewo.

He truly looks intimidating. I can't imagine being on the other side of the ball knowing Sewo might just run you over and may hurt you in the process.

Believe he will be as good as Anderson of OU who ripped our defensive line last year but won't get as many carries or total yards. Would not like to be a 5'10" corner of 170 lbs. coming up to make the tackle on Sewo. Reminds me of Basil Mitchell - decent speed with big time power.

mesohornedfrog

SIAP but Sewo, DA and Austin all made Bruce Feldman’s annual freaks list this year. Austin was all the way up at #12, with some insane weight room numbers (750+ squat mid 400 bench) Hope all those weights translate to some major help for SR this fall and it could be a fun year.

Article is on the Athletic if you have a subscription

CountryFrog

it is okay if you haven't , but just curious if you actually ever saw lt play at tcu
Or in the NFL for that matter. The guy was insane. He had one of the best stiff arms I've ever seen on top of the elite speed, explosion, and elusiveness. I remember him stiff arming a Rams safety in 06. Knocked the guy to the ground like he was shot by a sniper while LT barely even slowed down on his way to the end zone. Did the same thing to a Redskins safety in OT for the game winning TD in 04 or 05 I think.

Memories.

SuperTFrog

IMO, Sewo as a DE would be a legitimate NFL prospect. I don’t think he has a chance as an RB. He has the body type and straight line speed to terrorize qbs, but not sure he has the shiftyness to be elite as an RB.

I hope he proves me wrong and has a breakout season as an RB because he is one of my favorite Frogs.

CountryFrog

IMO, Sewo as a DE would be a legitimate NFL prospect. I don’t think he has a chance as an RB. He has the body type and straight line speed to terrorize qbs, but not sure he has the shiftyness to be elite as an RB.

I hope he proves me wrong and has a breakout season as an RB because he is one of my favorite Frogs.
You might be right. There will never be any way to know how good he would've been at DE. He wouldn't have been able to do it at his current weight though. He would've needed at least another 30 lbs and still be able to keep his athleticism. It's not automatic that he could've done that.

SuperTFrog

You might be right. There will never be any way to know how good he would've been at DE. He wouldn't have been able to do it at his current weight though. He would've needed at least another 30 lbs and still be able to keep his athleticism. It's not automatic that he could've done that.
Banogu only weighs 18 lbs more than him. I bet if Sewo weighed 15 more pounds he could do it. Obviously we will never know.

FrogLifeYo

I hope to see Sewo embrace a more physical style. Last year he seemed to run behind his pads more as the season went on..I hope that continues.

CountryFrog

Banogu only weighs 18 lbs more than him. I bet if Sewo weighed 15 more pounds he could do it. Obviously we will never know.
My comment was in regards to Sewo being an NFL prospect at DE. He could probably be a good college DE right now at his current weight. Ben will likely need to put on a few lbs too before getting to the NFL, but not nearly as much as Sewo would've had to.

Ben is ok for a 3/4 defense in nfl as outside linebacker, but too small for 4/3 d end.

As far as tackling a big strong fast rb in open field only choice go low for ankles hold on as get ran over and hope for help. No shame and you make the play.

Volare

Sewo had some fantastic catches out of the backfield last year. Very much looking forward to seeing him cause some damage this year.