• The KillerFrogs

Sewo...can’t wait

FrogLifeYo

If we’re being truthful Sewo has,at this point, only shown flashes of explosiveness. He’ll need to really make the next step to be great. IMO he still behind DA in progress..The sign of a great player is his ability to have a game put on his shoulders..We haven’t seen that out of either DA or Sewo yet. In addition, neither will sneak up on anyone this year. Both are plenty capable from a talent perspective. It’s now level 10 time for both.

Zubaz

FrogLifeYo

Say what?

Oky State - 26 carries, 160 yards and 3 TDs including the clincher

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400934516

Those were DA’s numbers hence my comment in regard to him being ahead of Sewo..As it relates to DA, your right we did ride him at times but he really didn’t get number 1 back type of carries. By rotating 3 backs we showed we had very little interest in letting him be the man. Cumbie likes fresh players. Unfortunately he played in 7 conference games and only got more than 12 carries in 2 of them. Our huge RB/WR rotations really seem to kill a lot of chemistry and momentum when a guy gets going. That Ok St game was an exception not the rule. It appeared in the first 5 games DA clearly emerged as our number 1 but the platoon got worse as the season went on. In fact on the season, DA and Hicks both averaged around 11 carries a game. Sewo...4.5...DA was certainly more effective. Hopefully needing to feed only 2 back the majority of carries will help us turn these two into stars.

While a lot prognosticators are talking about us loosing Hicks, most don’t realize that a healthy DA who gets 250 attempts is a 1200-1400 yard rusher this year and that still leaves 150 carries split between Sewo and SR..We has over 500+ rushing attempts last year..Maybe Sewo steals a 50/50 split but I bet we run Shawn a hell of lot more than we ran Kenny

jake102

Great backs need 25 to 30 carries a game and get stronger as the game goes on.

There was ONE player in Power 5 college football who averaged 25 carries a game last year.... Phillip Lindsey at CU. He averaged 25.1 carries per game. The next was Kerryon Johnson who averaged below 24 per game

Bryce Love, the best RB in college, averaged 20 carries/game.

I don't understand where some of these random comments come from

MinFrog

There will be a direct correlation between the success of DA and SO and SR's success. We NEED a strong run game to take the pressure off and keep defenses honest to let robinson grow into the role and to take the pressure off of SR to run very much.

DA proved he is an elite back last year, we need Sewo to step up and get a good to great RB and we will have a very successful season.

Zubaz

There was ONE player in Power 5 college football who averaged 25 carries a game last year.... Phillip Lindsey at CU. He averaged 25.1 carries per game. The next was Kerryon Johnson who averaged below 24 per game

Same for the NFL, with Elliot leading the league at 24, and only Bell and Fournette below him were above 20.

That's a pretty bananas comment.

MinFrog

It is like people still think the wishbone is still a thing. Not sure what the difference is, but RBs just don't get 25 carries a game like they used to. More passing and more rotations have changed the game quite a bit.

netty2424

If Sewo even gets one 3rd-place vote from one Heisman voter we'll all be very very happy. Let's maybe start with an All-Conference team nod before talking Heisman.
My call was before he stepped foot on campus. And kind of said it in jest above. But leave it to you.

CountryFrog

Other than LT, I don't think we've had a guy average 25 carries in the last 30 years. Even in the NFL, LT and Adrian Peterson may have been the last of the true workload RBs who actually carry an offense.

JugbandFrog

And...We can’t wait for Sewo!!! He will be an All American before he leaves TCU. Our game time chant should be “SEEEEWOOOO”. If hears the entire Carter chanting that when he touches the ball, he will turn it on even more. Let’s get behind this!
GO FROGS!
BEAT TCU!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!
I am always reminded of the King of the Hill episode of the Flying Hawaiin. They could barely pronounce his name. He was a beast.

It also reminded me of this scene:

westoverhillbilly

For Darrius or Sewo to hit their potential, our OL will have to jell fast.. However, I remember all of us poo-poo-ing our OL in 2002 until we put Lonta Hobbs in around game 5 and then the OL all of a sudden drastically improved- the point being that a great running back makes the big uglies look a lot better.. To be fair, competition is so way better now than in '02, but I'm hoping that we have a breakout year in our running game and stuff it down opponents' throats..

tcumaniac

Took me a while to buy into Sewo. I feel like his first year and a half was very inconsistent and left a lot to be desired.

He finally had me bought in after the Stanford game. The guy had some game changing, put the team on my back moments that really impressed me.

With that said, I think DA is potentially one of the top 5 backs in the country. The one two punch potential of DA and Sewo is very exciting.

4th. down

Hopefully Sewo and Anderson can get about 15 carries/game and Demarcado and Robinson around 5 each.

I don't see Anderson or Sewo reaching 15 carries/game against Southern and SMU but mostly Demarcado and Snell. We need our best backs ready for OSU and Texas.