• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

Putt4Purple

I am not sure which is more impressive.

the speed at which it has been decided that sewo no longer has a future at the nfl, no longer has a future at tcu, or the belief you should consent to a search especially when in the example given they knew they had things in the car

NEVER ever consent to a search especially if you know you have nothing on you. You may be inconvenienced for a time but you have your rights and your say in court eventually. I hope it works out for Sewo.

AroundWorldFrog

So I just had a family member go thru exactly this. They were pulled over north of San Angelo on the way back to Austin....Coo asked where they've been. They say Colorado. He immediately says he smells weed and asks to search the car. They stupidly say No. He says he's going to anyway now after they refuse. They, even more stupidly have like 10 brownies and a bunch of gummies....enough to where the weight makes it an automatic felony, even tho the actual weight of weed in the food is very low. The law is written in a way where cops and DAs dont have much leeway.
Should have said Lubbock. No sane cop would get near you.

HFrog1999

Here’s an idea. Don’t do something or have something on you, in your vehicle or otherwise. Cooperate with the police and then be smug if they find nothing. But I’d guess that most of the time they have dealt with this long enough to know when something is fishy. I’ve been driving for over 50 years and have never gotten more than a wave from a cop. If a cop stopped and suspected something they can search my car all they want and the most they’ll find is a bunch of golden retriever hair. I’m sure, just as in any segment of society, there some bad cops, but for the most part, just like society, imagine most of them are just doing there job.

What other rights would you give up? The right to an attorney? The right to a jury trial? Free Speech? The 2nd Amendment?

My wife’s LTC instructor is also a Police Officer. One of the things he teaches his class is if they are involved in a self defense shooting to not speak to the police without an attorney present, even if he’s the cop.

McFroggin

The last time someone had a felony weed charge for intent to sell at TCU - player was expelled. Have we changed the punishment?

HFrog1999

Deny the request.

Then put a pork chop in your pocket so when the dog shows up, it attacks you.

(you'll need to keep a pork chop in your car at all times to make this work)

6daa0b2c75d7a6a5910d58c1b719ab55.gif

Punter1

Let me guess: you’re white

This is BAD ADVICE. Always be polite and calm with police but never give consent to searches and never volunteer any information.

I'm white...and 100% of the time INNOCENT or not riding dirty. All my cop friends and I have a few say if you are let em search. If you have nothing to hide this is the quickest way out.

I had my truck searched on the way to George West on a hunting trip when he asked if there was guns in the truck...I said be my guest. I grabbed a Diet Coke out of the cooler, offered him one waited till he was done. 10 mins later I was outta there. I asked my cop friends if I did the right thing and they all said yes.

Say yes, don't be confrontational and it'll be over with soon. If you're clean...

tcufrogprince1

Hell, I’d say more than 25% of responsible professional folks I know in their 30s and 40s would take an edible if you offered them in the right situation.

I think it would be even more than that. If they dont get drug tested, I would say about 60-70%. In my neighborhood alone, I know two brothers (contractors) that grow it for self consumption. My newly retired neighbors also smoke and buy from their son in law. When we have get togethers, I have had as many as 50 people eating my edible snicker doodles. Here in Harris county you have to have over 4 oz. to get in serious trouble. Its really a joke at this point. I live in a nice neighborhood $250k homes to a couple million depending on how close to the water you are. My wife and I are on the younger side, but I've toked it up with several neighbors and was very surprised at how many participated. Pot should be legalized in all of Texas or at the very least decriminalized.