• The KillerFrogs

Sewo arrested, controlled substance

Punter1

What are you supposed to do in this situation? Asking for a friend

ALWAYS agree to the search. Saying no will make them suspicious and they will get a dog or something to find your boat. Saying No is a dam near admission of guilt.

Best to just agree and hope he doesn't follow thru with the search and or doesn't find it.

netty2424

I wonder if he agreed to the search or if the cop had probable cause.
A few episodes of Live PD will show you that probable cause is a joke. Cops will search your person and your vehicle if they want to, under phony probable cause.

“I smell weed, please step out of the car.”
“Oh you’re coming from Walmart, that’s a known location for drug activity, please step out of the car!”
“My dog hit on an odor of narcotics when walking around your vehicle(even when I instruct him to sit beside your car door bc he didn’t really react to anything).”
“You’re acting nervous, step out of the car.”

And to the poster who stated he had a license plate light out, that’s another one out of Live PD playbook. That’s a tv time filler.

UHCOFROG

His charge says controlled substance weighing between 1-4 grams. Pretty sure you need at least an OZ of marijuana to receive felony in Tx. Does wax/oil carry a different statute than grass??

Last edited:

HFrog1999

Was she breaking into someone's house??

Of course

My wife is Catwoman

giphy.gif

And I’m Batman

tenor.gif

My only point is that the law should focus on people who actually hurt other people and should focus less on people who haven’t hurt anyone

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
So much bad information here.

If a cop smells "the odor of marijuana", it automatically gives him probable cause to search. He doesn't have to ask permission.

If he doesn't smell it, he should ask for consent. Unless you made a fertive gesture.

Weed is typically a misdemeanor. If he got caught with a controlled substance, unprescribed pills, coke, meth etc, he's scheissed.

4 Oaks Frog

So he joins the long list of idiots that have passed through AGC. Have a fun time playing in juco. I have to learn to stop getting so invested in this team and it’s players. They tend to let you down off the field much too often. I hope this kid gets his head on straight and has a great life...somewhere else.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!

TX_Krötenechse

What are you supposed to do in this situation? Asking for a friend
If an officer wants to search your car, he’s going to find a reason. If you refuse, one tactic they use is to make you sit there for hours while they bring in a drug dog. Either you get bored and consent to the search just to get it over with, or the dog shows up and it ***will*** hit, and they’ll search your car anyway.

If you’re in the situation, do not consent to a search. Yes it’s a pain in the ass and yes the cop will find some reason if they really want to search your car, but often cops are just fishing when they ask consent to search and will let you go if you refuse. Even if they do end up manufacturing probable cause and searching your car, by not giving consent you have preserved your ability to fight that search in court.

Most importantly, always remember that police are not your friends and you should never under any circumstances agree to an interview without a lawyer present. (This is a little off topic but super important so I thought I would add it)

Pharm Frog

ALWAYS agree to the search. Saying no will make them suspicious and they will get a dog or something to find your boat. Saying No is a dam near admission of guilt.

Best to just agree and hope he doesn't follow thru with the search and or doesn't find it.

This is precisely OPPOSITE what I’ve been told by cops, detectives, and attorneys including an asst DA in Parker County. My BIL (retired Houston PD detective and now in law enforcement in Hood County) is adamant to never consent even if you have NOTHING.

TX_Krötenechse

So he joins the long list of idiots that have passed through AGC. Have a fun time playing in juco. I have to learn to stop getting so invested in this team and it’s players. They tend to let you down off the field much too often. I hope this kid gets his head on straight and has a great life...somewhere else.
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
You’re an idiot. This is probably just a little weed or something, and honestly who gives a [ Finebaum ] - probably 25%+ of TCU students in general smoke weed from time to time, do you want to kick them all out?

Pharm Frog

GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!

Juco eligible at this point?

SuperBarrFrog

You’re an idiot. This is probably just a little weed or something, and honestly who gives a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] - probably 25%+ of TCU students in general smoke weed from time to time, do you want to kick them all out?

Hell, I’d say more than 25% of responsible professional folks I know in their 30s and 40s would take an edible if you offered them in the right situation.

WhatTheFrog

Weed is typically a misdemeanor. If he got caught with a controlled substance, unprescribed pills, coke, meth etc, he's scheissed.

This is what I'm thinking. CBD oil wouldn't be a felony, and weed itself wouldn't be, either, unless it was a bunch. I think it's one of the others, which is a shame.

You never know, though. Charges could be dropped, grand jury could fail to indict, case could be dismissed, etc. I doubt that might happen before fall camp and the start of the season.

I was really looking forward to seeing him and DA run the ball this year. Maybe we still will, but I'm not too convinced at this point.