• The KillerFrogs

Selection Sunday Thread

Bizarro Frog

Guess what format is not kind to TCU? It’s a room full of committee members that know exactly what they want and how to make it happen.

Our new motto could be “Never Leave it in the Commottes Hands” in all sports!!!

berryfrog95

SMH.....

St Johns had no biz in the dance, and shame on Zags for choke job.

I won’t root for them in the dance now.

And what a rigged job putting AZ State in after Oregon upset....ridiculous

Purp

Of the last 4 in and first 4 out only 1 had a higher NET ranking. St. John's is a joke there IMO. I really don't think we deserved to be in, but neither did a dozen other teams who made it. Lots of bad basketball out there this year. I agree with Boomhauer that they had to consider conference record. Nothing else makes sense unless they use some metric that rates the B12 lower than every other ranking I've seen.

I'm not going to get worked up over it, but this just looks like a committee trying to hand out some opportunities for a Cinderella story. Hard for a P5 team to wear a glass slipper.

TCUWIN

2nd time in 3 years we don't get in due to abob missing FT's against WV. Maybe he should've listened to coach rather than smirking. Neet a PG who can shoot a bit.
And not turn it over in bad situations. Or take bad shots. He does not value the basketball and it cost the team now. The way the team played in the second half of conference shows we are a good NIT team.

CountryFrog

Of the last 4 in and first 4 out only 1 had a higher NET ranking. St. John's is a joke there IMO. I really don't think we deserved to be in, but neither did a dozen other teams who made it. Lots of bad basketball out there this year. I agree with Boomhauer that they had to consider conference record. Nothing else makes sense unless they use some metric that rates the B12 lower than every other ranking I've seen.

I'm not going to get worked up over it, but this just looks like a committee trying to hand out some opportunities for a Cinderella story. Hard for a P5 team to wear a glass slipper.
New parameters were supposed to be that the NET rankings mean more and conference record means nothing yet, as you laid out, there's very little evidence that was the case in relation to TCU.