• The KillerFrogs

SEC scheduling cupcakes this season

TCU_91

AND play 9 conference games and an additional D1.

So what's your point?

That the sec beats their chest over 8 conference games, not round robin and may play 1 additional d1?

Wexahu

AND play 9 conference games and an additional D1.

So what's your point?

That the sec beats their chest over 8 conference games, not round robin and may play 1 additional d1?

They don’t beat their chest because they play 8 conference games. They beat their chest because, more often than not, when they play P5 teams from other conferences, they win. More often than not doesn’t mean always but still. I think their OOC scheduling stinks for the most part too but that doesn’t mean top to bottom that conference doesn’t have the best, deepest group of teams. It is what it is. It’s the best college football league, anyone who doesn’t get that is almost blind IMO. The other four leagues are just fine though.

LaxFrog3

We schedule SMU & an FCS every year.
As much as I dislike SMU, We are rivals.. a rivalry game should never be taken of the schedule because one team is in a rough time in there program.. if that was the case, we would have lost SMU as a rival game in the 70’s and 80’s and we would have stopped playing SMU since 2000 but I do agree we should take FCS teams off.. More money for the school.. good for recruiting.. that’s my opinion but I am just a football fan

Froglaw

We schedule SMU & an FCS every year.

I hate the "What about argument" which avoids the original question.

Candidate A said he was in favor of lowering the deficit, but failed to present a balanced budget to Congress.

Candidate A responds, "What about Candidate B's legal troubles with law enforcement?"

Obviously, West Coast Johnny has no defense or explanations for the SEC scheduling D-2 schools 4 times a season.

I did notice that Ole Miss plays at TTech this year.

Frog-in-law1995

Candidate A said he was in favor of lowering the deficit, but failed to present a balanced budget to Congress.

Candidate A responds, "What about Candidate B's legal troubles with law enforcement?"

Obviously, West Coast Johnny has no defense or explanations for the SEC scheduling D-2 schools 4 times a season.

That’s not a “what about” argument. That’s a “those in glass houses” argument.

MTfrog5

They play in Houston so still not a road game for the SEC. I’m sure ESPN won’t talk about this article though.

Spike

They play in Houston so still not a road game for the SEC. I’m sure ESPN won’t talk about this article though.

I respect the idea of playing a decent team on a neutral site for game 1. Bama has done it for years. That said I think the way we did it this year is perfect. Start w a bodybag at home, then buildup to SMU and not much of a road trip, and then play the big boy in game 3. The key is a gradual progression. I just hope SMU on a Friday a week before OSU is not a trap.

MTfrog5

I respect the idea of playing a decent team on a neutral site for game 1. Bama has done it for years. That said I think the way we did it this year is perfect. Start w a bodybag at home, then buildup to SMU and not much of a road trip, and then play the big boy in game 3. The key is a gradual progression. I just hope SMU on a Friday a week before OSU is not a trap.
Their last road out of conference game was Penn State in 2011. Saban makes comments about wanting a 9 game conference schedule and wanting to play tougher out of conference games but won’t because other SEC schools don’t. BS. If he really wants to he can lead by example and play people on the road. He can then call out these schools like Arkansas and Florida for their schedules.

Wexahu

Their last road out of conference game was Penn State in 2011. Saban makes comments about wanting a 9 game conference schedule and wanting to play tougher out of conference games but won’t because other SEC schools don’t. BS. If he really wants to he can lead by example and play people on the road. He can then call out these schools like Arkansas and Florida for their schedules.

Agree. When you listen to him talk about scheduling, you would think they've never played an FCS school, yet he plays two every year.