• The KillerFrogs

SEC not good at all this year

Pharm Frog

A conference can be “the best” because 1 sometimes another team (LSU GA) wins the NC over the course of 12 years and still be overrated. The conference is overrated. Two separate thoughts.
I agree with this. SEC is the best football conference and overrated. ACC is overrated. Big 10 overrated. Big 12 is rated about right. Not sure if PAC 12 is rated so no opinion there.

gofor2

The system used to determine who is best in the FBS is flawed and always has been.
The bcs was flawed and bcs V2.0 is flawed as well. There is no scheduling standard across the sport, there is no uniformity, it's a joke. And there is a reason why the NCAA doesn't recognize a champion in the FBS - because there is not a proper system in place to do so. To the SEC's credit - they put in the extra work behind the scenes to make you think they are the best each year, when they are not.

Imagine if an NFL committee picked who they thought were the 2 best teams each year and invited them to the super bowl?

Wexahu

The system used to determine who is best in the FBS is flawed and always has been.
The bcs was flawed and bcs V2.0 is flawed as well. There is no scheduling standard across the sport, there is no uniformity, it's a joke. And there is a reason why the NCAA doesn't recognize a champion in the FBS - because there is not a proper system in place to do so. To the SEC's credit - they put in the extra work behind the scenes to make you think they are the best each year, when they are not.

Imagine if an NFL committee picked who they thought were the 2 best teams each year and invited them to the super bowl?
I agree with much of your first paragraph, mostly the first part of it.

But despite all that, the SEC is clearly the best league in college football. And honestly, it’s not all that close.

NewFrogFan

Kentucky number 8? Struggling with n. Illinois.
Aggies lose to Appalachian State?
UT loses to tech and barely loses to Alabama?
South Carolina barely beating Charlotte?
LSU? Georgia, the number one team in the country struggles with Kent state?
Ole miss struggles with Tulsa?

SEC is possibly most over rated in history of ncaa. What a joke.
You a C student?

TCUWIN

It’s the best conference top to bottom basically every year. As a whole, the biggest, strongest, fastest rosters with more NFL talent than any other league, and the highest paid most in demand coaches. It’s the best league, I don’t know how the best can be “overrated”.

If you want me to pick apart any other league with the same rationale I can do that. Supposedly the best team in the Big 12 is down 7 points at half at home against a team that lost to Tulane at home last week. The Big 12 must be overrated.

These arguments are stupid. And anyone who doesn’t think the SEC is the best league in college football is either stupid or jealous.
SEC sucks every year past the top 2 or 3 teams. Don’t pretend just because Kentucky beat Vanderbilt at home that they are good. Or Missouri lost by a touchdown to Arkansas. The past several years it’s been Alabama and Georgia. LSU was good the year they had an NFL team and won the national
Championship. Their conference has a losing record almost every year in bowl games.

bc puckett

SEC sucks every year past the top 2 or 3 teams. Don’t pretend just because Kentucky beat Vanderbilt at home that they are good. Or Missouri lost by a touchdown to Arkansas. The past several years it’s been Alabama and Georgia. LSU was good the year they had an NFL team and won the national
Championship. Their conference has a losing record almost every year in bowl games.
So you really want to rank conferences on their bowl game records? Seriously?

bc puckett

How else would you decide? The SEC plays cupcakes out of conference during the season.
Unlike every other conference ? Michigan is now 4-0 They have played every game at home with their OOC game being Colorado State Hawaii and UConn but I’m sure you think they are are something special. Cupcakes out of conference? Let’s see Georgia played Oregon Florida played Utah ATM played Miami LSU played FSU. That’s all off the top of my head and it’s 2 am but please let me know what conference played a better OOC schedule could use a good laugh

Last edited:

bc puckett

Also Oklahoma who’s was supposed to be the best team in the conference played Kent State UTEP and Nebraska as an OOC schedule. That would give new meaning to the term “cupcake “. Why don’t you enlighten me and others as to you think is the best conference and why.

froginmn

Unlike every other conference ? Michigan is now 4-0 They have played every game at home with their OOC game being Colorado State Hawaii and UConn but I’m sure you think they are are something special. Cupcakes out of conference? Let’s see Georgia played Oregon Florida played Utah ATM played Miami LSU played FSU. That’s all off the top of my head and it’s 2 am but please let me know what conference played a better OOC schedule could use a good laugh
Alabama played Texas.

Maybe that's a bad example, though.