• The KillerFrogs

SEC fines Texas A&M $50,000 for rushing field after LSU win

Moose Stuff

Yes, and it was likely with a big rival or a high ranked team. I don't recall us ever storming the field against UTEP or UNM. Who knows? Maybe we did. I highly doubt it, though.

What does that have to do with anything? You made fun of A&M for storming the field after a 7 OT game vs top 10 LSU. We’ve stormed the field recently vs top 10 OU and top 10 Baylor. What’s the difference? The answer is there isn’t any difference.

WhatTheFrog

A top 10 Baylor recently? I beg to differ.

Besides, those are big rivals for us. I'm no aggy, but I don't see LSU being a big rival for them. Maybe they are, I don't know. I know they are in the same division, but I really don't know how they view each other. It takes time to build hate and create a rivalry. They are the noobs of the SEC and they really haven't done anything to this point, so it's "meh" as far as I know. Aggy has no real history with any of the SEC teams up to this point that I'm aware of.

At least TCU has history with the teams they've stormed the field against. Being left out of the big dance in deference to others that really didn't earn the right is a big reason to hate and have a rivalry. One of the big dogs that kept TCU out of the big dance is another reason to celebrate. I don't see the LSU-aggy relationship as having anything close to being similar as the situations you stated.

frogs9497

Is baseball that much different than football? I seem to recall a crazy game against aggy in the not-too-distant past that went stupid long in innings. Should we have rushed the diamond? I'm sorry if we should've and I didn't. I assumed that we should've won that game anyway.

If you don’t understand the explanations given in this thread, I’m inclined to think you don’t want to understand. In any event, I wouldn’t put Aggy rushing the field high on my list of concerns.

Purp

I agree with this scenario, especially if we were in the WAC or MWC at the time.
Then I'll rephrase it for you. Had it been B12 TCU against LSU or any other big opponent who's has our number forever in AGC I guaran-damn-tee we'd have been all over that field when it ended.

MTfrog5

So it sounds like Jimbo’s nephew who is on staff started a little scuffle after the game. Pushed/punched depending on who you asked a LSU coach and then was confronted by Kevin Faulk and a LSU player. Faulk and Jimbo’s newphew traded blows and the LSU player got a clean punch in to the nephew

Purp

Besides, those are big rivals for us. I'm no aggy, but I don't see LSU being a big rival for them. Maybe they are, I don't know. I know they are in the same division, but I really don't know how they view each other. It takes time to build hate and create a rivalry. They are the noobs of the SEC and they really haven't done anything to this point, so it's "meh" as far as I know. Aggy has no real history with any of the SEC teams up to this point that I'm aware of.

At least TCU has history with the teams they've stormed the field against. Being left out of the big dance in deference to others that really didn't earn the right is a big reason to hate and have a rivalry. One of the big dogs that kept TCU out of the big dance is another reason to celebrate. I don't see the LSU-aggy relationship as having anything close to being similar as the situations you stated.
Darn you for putting me and others in the unpleasant position of defending aggys.

Had this game ended in regulation with an aggy win I doubt they'd have rushed the field. Had it even ended after 2 or 3 OTs I doubt it would have ended with a bunch of fans on the field. After 7 or more times of thinking they'd lost to end up with a win, I can give any fan base a pass for that. Even aggy.

Frog-in-law1995

Aggies have been in a conference with LSU longer than we’d been in a conference with OU in 2014 and with Utah in 2009.

flyfishingfrog

LSU was the last of the SEC teams for them to beat - they had l0st 7 straight to them.

We counted down ours 1 at a time when we joined the B12 - if it had taken 7 years to beat OU or OSU or whoever, we would have stormed the field when it happen - especially if it took 7 OT's and some blind refs to make it happen.

flyfishingfrog

So it sounds like Jimbo’s nephew who is on staff started a little scuffle after the game. Pushed/punched depending on who you asked a LSU coach and then was confronted by Kevin Faulk and a LSU player. Faulk and Jimbo’s newphew traded blows and the LSU player got a clean punch in to the nephew
if that Aggy is really Jimbo's nephew - then it will be interesting to see what happens - especially if the reports that the LSU coach has a pacemaker and is sick are true. Guy should be fired but that might not happen if nepotism is the reason he has the job.

WhatTheFrog

LSU was the last of the SEC teams for them to beat - they had l0st 7 straight to them.

We counted down ours 1 at a time when we joined the B12 - if it had taken 7 years to beat OU or OSU or whoever, we would have stormed the field when it happen - especially if it took 7 OT's and some blind refs to make it happen.
Is it safe to say that we are better than aggy? Is someone gonna rape me for saying that? That's typical for this fan forum.

Like I've said before, this group is a beating. Many would rather defend some other fan base than agree with people here, just to make a far-fetched point.

Purp

Is it safe to say that we are better than aggy? Is someone gonna rape me for saying that? That's typical for this fan forum.

Like I've said before, this group is a beating. Many would rather defend some other fan base than agree with people here, just to make a far-fetched point.
Who's making the far-fetched point?

#ironie

flyfishingfrog

you are trying to hard to make fun of them...they don't need help so quit making fun of them for something that every fan base would have done - pick one of the 100's of things they do that NO ONE else would ever do without having lost a bet...

WhatTheFrog

Who's making the far-fetched point?

#ironie
Misspelled on purpose, I assume?

I'm done with this thread. Too many aggy apologists here. I'm surprised with the level of aggy love here, after what they did to the conference (even though it allowed TCU to join). Maybe that's where all the love comes from. No love lost from me. They deserve mediocrity in the SEC as far as I'm concerned, which is what they've achieved.

Frog-in-law1995

you are trying to hard to make fun of them...they don't need help so quit making fun of them for something that every fan base would have done - pick one of the 100's of things they do that NO ONE else would ever do without having lost a bet...

Exactly this.

Edit: went looking for that “welcome to the SEC” video the aggies did, but it’s appatently been scrubbed from existence. Oh well, just give em time. They’ll do something even dumber.

Chongo94

I loathe A&M and even I don’t think it’s a big deal they rushed the field.

The real question is, why wasn't the swords drawn?

I thought it was against the Aggie code to rush the field and hurt the grass. Didn't the Aggies draw out the swords on SMU in the 80s when their cheerleaders tried to get on the grass?

Moose Stuff

Baylor was ranked 7th when we beat them in 2OT in 2015. I’ll never understand the allure of the “dumb on purpose” brand of schtick.