• The KillerFrogs

Scott Nix

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
PhormerPhrog said:
Soldier on, my friend. Achievement can wait for tomorrow as long as you give today your best. Just do the best you can today. Scott and Cameron would be proud.
Thanks. I appreciate that.

As I found out when Cameron died, we have no choice but to keep on going.

Kappa Frog

Wes--you and Scott have never been anything but kind and welcoming to me and Frog Attack. One thing I liked about Scott was it didn't matter if you had not seen him in one month or six months-he was always just as excited and friendly towards people. When the luncheons started years ago--I had the boys with us and he was always very welcoming to them. Needless to say-he will be missed.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Kappa Frog said:
Wes--you and Scott have never been anything but kind and welcoming to me and Frog Attack. One thing I liked about Scott was it didn't matter if you had not seen him in one month or six months-he was always just as excited and friendly towards people. When the luncheons started years ago--I had the boys with us and he was always very welcoming to them. Needless to say-he will be missed.
Thanks.  You always felt like part of a huge family when you were around Scott.

With him, his 2 brothers and sister, I felt like I had 4 more siblings.  

As you said, he will be missed and already is

GetLoud

HToady said:
I am grateful that a fan like Scott got to see this resurgence first hand and and participate in this meteoric rise. And especially do a job he really loved, for the school he really loved. When TCU wins the National Championship, Scott will have the ultimate club seat.

I never knew Scott but every time I watch a TCU sporting event and realize how proud I am of this university, I am going to think of how "Scott should be here."

This song describes it for me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8WlCqZPTeg?t=39s

"You'd be loving this, you'd be freaking out, you'd be smiling, yeah
I know you'd be all about what's going on right here right now.
God I wish somehow you could be here.

Yeah this is one of those moments that's got your name written all over it
And you know that if I have just one wish it'd be that you didn't have to miss this.
Aw you should be here.
You should be here."

I'm at work in tears for a man I never met but felt like I knew so well. What a presence he will always have.

Snoop1122

I haven't known Scott for a long time but this gentle yet rather large individual made an impact on my life.  It was real cool that Scott led a prayer before we left on the KFC bus trip earlier this year.  I knew he was strong in his faith from I've heard on this board but it was just cool thing to do considering not everyone on the bus trip was a Christian.  Also, just the interactions with him at other KFC events showed his compassionate and caring personality. 

arodtcu

Had the chance to meet Scott on the KFC bus trip to Lubbock. I had come in from Boston for the game and had a great time getting to meet total strangers who were just excited as I was to watch the Frogs. When I met Scott, you would have thought we were long lost friends as I walked on the bus. I saw him outside the stadium after that great game and thanked him for making the bus ride possible because I would not have been able to go to the game otherwise. He put his hand around the back of my neck and said, "This is great!" Again, I had only met him earlier that day. A great man with an incredible personality who will be missed by all those who ever came into contact with him. God bless his family and friends in this time of sorrow.

JogginFrog

Didn't know Scott, but prayers for his family at this difficult time.  

Testimonies in this thread demonstrate how precious is a life well lived. 

While I have known Scott for a number of years, I did not talk to him on a regular basis.  With that being said, we frequently saw each other at various events. He was always very warm, welcoming cheerful person.  Scott's personality reminded me a lot like my late grandfather who also happened to also live in Dennis for many years. 

This last season I made the bus trip to the Tech game.  I've been out to Lubbock on many occasions but this trip without question was the most enjoyable I've ever made out there. On this trip I met and hanged out with some really wonderful individuals. One of them invited me to their birthday party real recently.  At the party, I had the opportunity to visit with Scott and his wife.  I feel very blessed to have known Scott over the years.  Scott will without question be missed by myself and many others.  However, I know in my faith that Scott is in Heaven right now.

DaCrief

Todd Wagner (Watermark Church) just spent the end of his sermon this morning talking about Scott's life. And how Scott became passionate about living for the Lord and sharing that faith. He meant a lot to this church.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
DaCrief said:
Todd Wagner (Watermark Church) just spent the end of his sermon this morning talking about Scott's life. And how Scott became passionate about living for the Lord and sharing that faith. He meant a lot to this church.
..and it meant a lot to him.

gbird

I am so proud to have been a friend of Scotty's for over 40 years.  We attended church together and became very close in our youth group at New Liberty Baptist Church in Garland.  I moved to Idaho 26 years ago, but reconnected with him 7 or 8 years ago and attended the games that I could with him, including the Rose Bowl and most recently the OU game when I made the bus trip.  I consider him like a brother, not only in Christ, but also in real life where we shared our grievances and our blessings in the experiences the Lord allowed us on this earth.  I knew him when his heart was breaking and I knew him when he was overjoyed and I always  knew him to be loyal and thoughtful with a strong sense of rightfulness.  In the last few years, he introduced me to many of the TCU Horned Frog Family and I will cherish the occasions I was privileged to share in those events.  He was man who truly lived life fully, cared abundantly and passionately for his family and friends and was a living example of a person who bettered one for knowing him.   He may have departed this life, but all the memories of his wit and humor, his passion for TCU and his deeply sentimental regard for the interrelationships he shared with so many people will comfort me for years to come and I know it will be the same for many others, too.  He was a great man, a great friend. He was Scotty

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
gbird said:
I am so proud to have been a friend of Scotty's for over 40 years.  We attended church together and became very close in our youth group at New Liberty Baptist Church in Garland.  I moved to Idaho 26 years ago, but reconnected with him 7 or 8 years ago and attended the games that I could with him, including the Rose Bowl and most recently the OU game when I made the bus trip.  I consider him like a brother, not only in Christ, but also in real life where we shared our grievances and our blessings in the experiences the Lord allowed us on this earth.  I knew him when his heart was breaking and I knew him when he was overjoyed and I always  knew him to be loyal and thoughtful with a strong sense of rightfulness.  In the last few years, he introduced me to many of the TCU Horned Frog Family and I will cherish the occasions I was privileged to share in those events.  He was man who truly lived life fully, cared abundantly and passionately for his family and friends and was a living example of a person who bettered one for knowing him.   He may have departed this life, but all the memories of his wit and humor, his passion for TCU and his deeply sentimental regard for the interrelationships he shared with so many people will comfort me for years to come and I know it will be the same for many others, too.  He was a great man, a great friend. He was Scotty
Beautifully said.

Scotty is still with us but he lives in our hearts now.

I never had a chance to tell him this, but Scotty was the one who restored my faith in Christ ... ultimately leading to my finding my soulmate and better half.

He probably knew me only as a friend. I wish I would have told him how much he impacted my life when he gave me that bear hug Wednesday.

You are a disciple of Christ, Scott. Your earthly calling has been fulfilled.