• The KillerFrogs

Scott Nix

Jet Set Frog

Man....it's been quite a struggle to make it to the end of this thread.  I've had to step away from the computer a few times to try to collect my composure.  Reading this at work was a bad idea.

Like so many on here, I never had a chance to meet Scott in person, but reading his posts and seeing his videos was enough to know how BIG he was in personality and compassion.  I haven't been able to make many TCU sporting events in the last four years since having to move out of the state, but it was always reassuring to know Scott, the superfan, was there cheering the Frogs on enough for all of us who were absent. 

I'm comforted by the reports that he was strong in his faith, and knowing he'll be reunited with his wife and girls one find day. 

Wes, I'm sure this combined with Cameron's passing may make it feel like things are really coming down on you.  PLEASE don't hesitate to reach out and lean on your Frog Family here.  This is a road not easily traveled alone.

pgdaly84

I only met Scott a handful of times, but he really did have an amazing way with people. I've been on 3 KFC bus trips, and he made them all memorable. He was so friendly to my wife and I when we were at the LT show at Brewster's. My heart breaks for his family. I'm very thankful that I had the opportunity to meet him, and I know he's having a blast talking Frog football with Dutch Meyer, Sammy Baugh, Davey O'Brien and all the other Frog greats that have left us.

AustinFrog

I can't really rap my head around the fact I will not see him in at the bowl in San Antonio but I am comforted in the fact the he will see us. He now joins Chris, and Trad at the celestial tailgate above to cheer on the frogs from heaven. It was an honor to know him. God speed.

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. "

dweller

Prayers go out to Scott's family and friends. Ran in to Scott at the state fair two years ago, both of us sporting our TCU gear. We had a nice conversation in the middle of the crowd.

snoop9606

Never met Scott, but by all accounts, he seemed like a top-notch man/ friend/ father/ husband/ Christian/ TCU fan/ ect. I hardly ever reply, but I felt compelled to stop by and pay my condolences to a man who helped cultivate a place where I've enjoyed coming and spending my time over the past decade-plus. Gone way too young, but he's in the best hands possible.

Frogcrates

My deepest condolences to Scott's family. The TCU community lost a powerful voice in a man who touched the lives of so many through countless and deceptively simple ways.

Thank you for all that you did and for the legacy you leave behind. I pray that you've found peace and the grace of The Lord you sought earnestly to serve.

Give 'em hell, Scott.

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Lord be with us every hour of the day,
Until the shadows lengthen,
And the evening falls,
And our busy day grows hushed,
And our life's work is ended.

Then, in Thy mercy,
Grant us safe lodging,
A holy rest,
And peace at the last.