• The KillerFrogs

Scott Nix

AroundWorldFrog

I've been away from Funkytown for a long, long time, almost 30 years now, but it is times like this that I miss it badly. I wish like hell that I had a chance to meet Scott. He sounds like a shining example of what a friend, fan and person should be.

God bless his family in these painful times.

PurplePutt

I know I was a thorn in his side for a few years and I got the nasty emails from him to prove it.  Still nothing but respect for Wes and Scott and what they have built in this site and especially how their hard work and vision has become the flagship of TCU pride and informal information.

Given the suddenness of Scott's passing, I am wondering if it was a heart attack.  I only say this because if so, I feel really bad that I didn't post of my real recent trip to the ER that I almost did not make 2 weeks ago.  

I coded in the ER and ended up having a 100% blockage of the "widow maker" cleared and a stent inserted.  Lesson learned:  I almost didn't go to the ER after the pain subsided and the EMTs said the EKG they did on me at home was normal.  Thought it could be gas or indigestion.  My wife, an advanced cardiac life support instructor, said I would be dead if I had not been in the ER with those people and with that equipment when it went full closed.

Please don't second guess yourself.  If you don't feel right it isn't necessarily nothing.  All my numbers (cholesterol, triglycerides, recent stress tests) were great and stuff like that can influence you to not make the right decision.

Who knows though.  Scott could have had zero warning if that was even what happened to him.  

I know my thoughts and prayers will be with Scott, his family, and Wes too for the days and weeks to come.      

Leap Frog

Sometimes, you don't know what you have until it's gone. We were so lucky to have Scott, and now he isn't here for us to tell him that. Please look at your family and tell them how much they mean to you, instead of waiting until it is too late. I shouldn't talk because I am guilty of this-- but change will be forthcoming, and this terrible news may have served some purpose. RIP, dear friend Scott Nix.

stbrab

I did not know Scott personally, nor Wes for that matter. But I have a great respect for the manner in which this website has been setup and continues to be run. And over the years I've gained an appreciation for Scott (and Wes) from the various posts made...love for the Frogs, love for friends, love for family, and most importantly, love for our Lord. May God bless Scott's family, yours Wes, and all of his friends who have been so profoundly impacted by Scott's life!

maximilian

Wow, I finish up my work and come read this? Surreal feeling.

As others have said, so much of my fandom and love for TCU stems from the conversations I've had on here. Scott and Wes put together a fantastic community for us, and for that, I'm grateful.

RIP Scott. Good thoughts and to his family, friends, Wes, and everyone else in the TCU family.

Scott was one of the warmest and most welcoming men I've ever met and always was a friend to me and my work, even back in the days as a snot-nosed student journalist. 
When I saw him, I was always immediately drawn towards him to catch a big hand shake and a smile. Both always made you feel like the most important person in a room.
I'll relish the evenings spent on the phone talking TCU athletics and the success of this site. I will certainly always be proud to flaunt the fact that (I'm pretty sure) I was the first ever guest on Killer Frogs Hour.
More importantly, I'm glad to hear of his dedication to his church and his faith and, as a man of faith myself, I'm comforted knowing we'll talk TCU football again.

One of the bittersweet parts of my job is writing an obituary for a friend. However, spending the morning talking with several people about the impact Scott made on their lives was a blessing. As for the folks on this site, I loved this quote from the voice of TCU sports and one of Scott's former teammates, John Denton:

“I think that’s probably the biggest play he ever made for TCU was what he did for KillerFrogs.com."

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article50296235.html

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article50296235.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article50296235.html#storylink=cpy

LVH

TravisLBrown said:

Scott was one of the warmest and most welcoming men I've ever met and always was a friend to me and my work, even back in the days as a snot-nosed student journalist. 
When I saw him, I was always immediately drawn towards him to catch a big hand shake and a smile. Both always made you feel like the most important person in a room.
I'll relish the evenings spent on the phone talking TCU athletics and the success of this site. I will certainly always be proud to flaunt the fact that (I'm pretty sure) I was the first ever guest on Killer Frogs Hour.
More importantly, I'm glad to hear of his dedication to his church and his faith and, as a man of faith myself, I'm comforted knowing we'll talk TCU football again.

One of the bittersweet parts of my job is writing an obituary for a friend. However, spending the morning talking with several people about the impact Scott made on their lives was a blessing. As for the folks on this site, I loved this quote from the voice of TCU sports and one of Scott's former teammates, John Denton:

“I think that’s probably the biggest play he ever made for TCU was what he did for KillerFrogs.com."

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article50296235.html

Great article, Travis!

Travis Trucks

TravisLBrown said:

From one Travis to another, thanks for a good article.

TCURiggs

It's just weird checking in here today after hearing the news. It almost feels like we shouldn't be posting in any other threads, but I'm sure Scott wouldn't want that.

What crazy, sad news. It's pretty cool to read all of the tributes to him all over social media, though. Lots of love out there for the big guy.

LVH

TCURiggs said:
It's just weird checking in here today after hearing the news. It almost feels like we shouldn't be posting in any other threads, but I'm sure Scott wouldn't want that.

What crazy, sad news. It's pretty cool to read all of the tributes to him all over social media, though. Lots of love out there for the big guy.

Yeah it was really shocking waking up with all the text messages I had. Not a good way to start the day. Wish I could make the visitation but I am stuck in Las Vegas.

TooColdU

Very sad news indeed. I hope this helps.

leJmzY4.jpg

Till next time, Mr. Nix.

asleep003

Wes, know this is not easy for you.  But if you think of all the fun and joy he brought to so many, then also think about how much of that persona he will be bringing to those at his next  landing... boy are they in for a surprise !

Best Wishes