• The KillerFrogs

Sci Martin will not sign with a school today. He's postponing his commitment to weigh his options.

PurplePutt

Punter1 said:
Good for Sci to put his family first...

I think it's more like Sci's family and his GF are putting themselves ahead of what he really wanted. But that is just what I think based on what I have heard. 

2 Cents.

DaCrief

berryfrog95 said:
What a deal this has been.....***

Meanwhile, several schools continue to hold scholarship spots for Martin, Daggs said. LSU and TCU are joined by Alabama and Texas, among others.

All of them have a scholarship on the side for him, Daggs said.
I swear, if it's Texas...

McFroggin

Punter1 said:
Its just insane how people on here think the worst of this guy just because he didn't sign (with us) on NSD...
Definitely don't think the worst. Kid deserves some teasing though. Had years leading up to this decision and multiple offers for at least a few months. He even verbally committed. Then he disappears for a month after signing day. Makes me think he will regret his decision anywhere he goes.

Moose Stuff

PurplePutt said:

I think it's more like Sci's family and his GF are putting themselves ahead of what he really wanted. But that is just what I think based on what I have heard. 

2 Cents.
No idea what the actual story is but that GF will be gone 3 seconds after the first cute college girl smiles at Sci.

LisaLT

With the state of affairs in Louisiana, why in the world would this kid want to commit to a school who might not have a team in the fall? 

Young and Horned

LisaLT said:
With the state of affairs in Louisiana, why in the world would this kid want to commit to a school who might not have a team in the fall? 

That Governor would be strung up before LSU would lose their football team haha. 

froginaustin

Young and Horned said:

That Governor would be strung up before LSU would lose their football team haha. 

Just got back from a blessed few days in N.O., and my completely anecdotal observation is that the governor is being treated as the messenger not the causer of the problem by the N.O. paper the hotel provided, and by the N.O. television news I watched.

The press was also screaming about a floor of a downtown N.O. office building, 16,000 feet of Class A space, that the State of La leased from Benson years ago as part of the deal to keep the Saints in N.O.  The space was to be used by the La Atty General's office, but the prior attorney general refused to occupy it because he said the parking was not available 24/7.  The State has been leasing more Class A space elsewhere, while this set empty.  Louisiana politics/public administration takes my breath away.

Nothing has really changed, politics in the Bayou Country has been an enigma since the days of Huey Long.

Their current dire situation is simply the result of the state's lack of economic diversification and its heavy

dependency on anything remotely associated with the oil patch. Sound familiar?

Punter1

Moose Stuff said:
https://twitter.com/samspiegs/status/706164750195920897

I still think he's a Frog at the end of the day...if he wanted LSU he has 100 different opportunities to pull the trigger and stay at home. 

I hoping he got his family figured out, is confident that everyone is comfortable and then wants to get out of town away from that scene and start his life fresh...free of distractions. 

Moose Stuff

Punter1 said:

I still think he's a Frog at the end of the day...if he wanted LSU he has 100 different opportunities to pull the trigger and stay at home. 

I hoping he got his family figured out, is confident that everyone is comfortable and then wants to get out of town away from that scene and start his life fresh...free of distractions. 
Agree with the idea that if it's LSU he's gone about it in an odd way.