• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogs9497

A big state school is one thing. Putting up with all that Aggie B.S. in another. It would weird me out instantly.

I still remember watching Aggy during pre-game at Lupton. One of their players ran from third base to the left field wall so he could launch himself full-speed into the Big 12 logo.

Double V

Any chance Schloss was "encouraged" to take a good look at Aggy? Maybe he wasn't lying when he said he had no interest, but ADJD told him that maybe he should, because he wasn't going to get extended at TCU??? Normally wouldn't have considered that an option, but the first few minutes of that Aggy interview made me think twice.

Pharm Frog

Zero chance

Slightly different take...

“Encouragement” can take several forms including verbal, non-verbal, non-responsiveness, and delayed responsiveness. There’s also “encouragement” that is intentional and unintentional. I don’t think for a moment that there was overt encouragement for CJS to investigate alternative means of employment. I do think that there was a perceived level of encouragement. Maybe this pathway is the norm for high stakes, highly public personnel issues. If so, it sucks and is the antithesis of respect for people.

tcudoc

Slightly different take...

“Encouragement” can take several forms including verbal, non-verbal, non-responsiveness, and delayed responsiveness. There’s also “encouragement” that is intentional and unintentional. I don’t think for a moment that there was overt encouragement for CJS to investigate alternative means of employment. I do think that there was a perceived level of encouragement. Maybe this pathway is the norm for high stakes, highly public personnel issues. If so, it sucks and is the antithesis of respect for people.
Having gone through a process as the incumbent, I think it is easy for the incumbent to be taken for granted and for them to feel underappreciated in contract negotiations, or lack thereof. Leadership sometimes forgets to show appreciation for the person doing the heavy lifting day in and day out. Sometimes a person isn't actively looking, but casual offers come to their attention and they start to feel like other places appreciate what they have done more than their own institution. Once you start looking around, then sometimes you find a place that you would not have otherwise ever thought about going.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Having gone through a process as the incumbent, I think it is easy for the incumbent to be taken for granted and for them to feel underappreciated in contract negotiations, or lack thereof. Leadership sometimes forgets to show appreciation for the person doing the heavy lifting day in and day out. Sometimes a person isn't actively looking, but casual offers come to their attention and they start to feel like other places appreciate what they have done more than their own institution. Once you start looking around, then sometimes you find a place that you would not have otherwise ever thought about going.
Anywhere but Baylor Scott & White!

Double V

What I mean by "encouragement" is mostly just a purposeful action by TCU. To put it another way, we knew what it would take to keep CJS, but purposefully didn't offer it, despite CJS expecting that we would.

He just had difficulty answering some of the questions. To me, it either indicates he WANTED to be able to say "TCU can kiss my ass" or "[ Finebaum ], I don't know, man...I really didn't WANT to leave..."

Very possibly the former and he simply exercised restraint in the interview.

LisaLT

Does anyone really think more money would have made any difference?? That is a farce. He's making great money already. He wanted an SEC job. Plain and simple. Bigger stage, brighter lights. He's been one foot out the door for a while - the timing fit perfectly. End of report.

Status
Not open for further replies.