• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t trust that our AD did what was needed to keep Jim or that he has the ability to conduct a proper search and hire the right guy.
jim expressed his facilities frustrations with jd when we were building the ES expansion and it fell on deaf ears. there was barely an acknowledgment.

jim deserved better than that despite what others have said regarding his social activities outside of tcu. don't blame him for leaving. not one bit.

Double V

The product on the field the last few years really hasn't been up to the standard that CJS himself created for this program. I'm grateful for what he has done for TCU Baseball, but wouldn't necessarily be heartbroken if he chose to leave.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
jim expressed his facilities frustrations with jd when we were building the ES expansion and it fell on deaf ears. there was barely an acknowledgment.

jim deserved better than that despite what others have said regarding his social activities outside of tcu. don't blame him for leaving. not one bit.
Jim never really seemed like he wanted to be here after the Miss St drama. Since then he hasn't been the same guy. Maybe a part of the "deal" that kept him here was the promise of a new stadium, and every year the dozers didn't fire up, he grew more disgruntled.

Who knows. I certainly don't. But, I do know that he'll look dopey in maroon...

sapoman

Tell me why we can't offer full rides to baseball recruits now that we're making Big12 money besides our big time donators. Let him go, I'll bet there are plenty of great coaches out there chomping at the bit's for a chance to coach here.

Last edited:

Armadillo

Leave. Stay. I don’t care. I work my tail off every day and don’t care too much about dudes who make millions. I do hope he stays but things aren’t looking that way.

However, I agree that we need a new stadium. Lupton was a gem when it was built. But we need a STADIUM, not bleachers. Clearly a lot more seating. And many many more suites for the high dollar guys (they’ll pay for the new stadium anyway).

Yes, I know it’s expensive. But it’s time to build an in ground state of the art baseball stadium.

Moose Stuff

Jim never really seemed like he wanted to be here after the Miss St drama. Since then he hasn't been the same guy. Maybe a part of the "deal" that kept him here was the promise of a new stadium, and every year the dozers didn't fire up, he grew more disgruntled.

Who knows. I certainly don't. But, I do know that he'll look dopey in maroon...

Everyone looks dopey in maroon. Worst color by far.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I am watching these games across the country. These teams are good. Their pitchers don’t take deep breaths on key pitches, they don’t talk to themselves when they get in trouble and they don’t walk a lot of hitters. They basically just throw strikes. Their hitters don’t stare at the bat between every pitch. They just hit. On defense, they seem to have great shortstops. They make few errors.

We have developed some bad habits that need to be corrected. Maybe a new coach is not that bad after all.

I don’t know what you were watching, but I noticed several teams stare at the bats, lots of pitchers take deep breaths (and why is that a negative), TCU ranked among the top 50 best fielding percentage in the NCAA and I stopped counting at 18 regional teams that ranked below us, including Vandy and UVA in errors committed.

flyfishingfrog

Tell me why we can't offer full rides to baseball recruits now that we're making Big12 money besides our big time donators.
Now that we can stack aid - the option is to raise the endowment to where every student can get over 50% non-loan aid on average - that is what Vandy, Notre Dame, Stanford, Rice can do

Interesting to see what happens with Rice

flyfishingfrog

I don’t know what you were watching, but I noticed several teams stare at the bats, lots of pitchers take deep breaths (and why is that a negative), TCU ranked among the top 50 best fielding percentage in the NCAA and I stopped counting at 18 regional teams that ranked below us, including Vandy and UVA in errors committed.
Arkansas does both consistently and they are #1

Big Frog II

I do agree it is time to plan for new seating. Existing stadium is inadequate for the crowds we now draw. Sadly I can’t write the check but would be happy to help like when Lupton was built.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

Oh, and for good measure, we were among the top 50 (42) in hitting. Only 13 teams in the regionals hit better than TCU. Most of whom played in crappy conferences and didn’t face the pitching we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.