• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Texas taking confidence and lessons into matchup against TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SB Nation: Texas taking confidence and lessons into matchup against TCU

By Gerald Goodridge @ghgoodridge

After failing to win big games over the last several seasons, the Texas Longhorns win over the USC Trojans feels like the program may have finally gotten over that hump. Even though head coach Tom Herman doesn’t believe in “momentum,” he does feel like that type of win does something for your team.

“I just choose to use a different word. It’s energy, it’s lessons learned, it’s validation,” Herman said in his weekly press address Monday. “There’s a lot of things that come from winning a game like that, that are positive for your program and positive for the psychology of your players.”

Read more at https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...onfidence-lessons-tom-herman-press-conference

FrogCop19

Texas is BACK, folks!! After one win over a marginal opponent, they've gotten over that hump and are once again WORLD BEATERS!

Mean Purple

Not seeing this as anything but an even match. They now have game film that shows what happens if a team pressures our QB, schemes our line backers and suckers routes.

Wexahu

Not seeing this as anything but an even match. They now have game film that shows what happens if a team pressures our QB, schemes our line backers and suckers routes.

This is going to be a tough game, especially if we kind of stumble out of the gates. No matter how bad USC might be, UT is feeling pretty good about themselves and is going to be up for this game big time. I'm generally concerned about every game, but especially so for this one. The frogs need to show up with the same intensity and focus as they did Saturday because you could tell they were ready to play.

Mean Purple

Is that the reason they lost the Maryland game-no game film?
Oh, hi troll. They lost to Maryland because they did not execute. Shot themselves in the foot. Same thing we did on Saturday. Texas improved greatly in week 3. The question is of we can in game 4. We have not beaten anybody good yet.

Mean Purple

This is going to be a tough game, especially if we kind of stumble out of the gates. No matter how bad USC might be, UT is feeling pretty good about themselves and is going to be up for this game big time. I'm generally concerned about every game, but especially so for this one. The frogs need to show up with the same intensity and focus as they did Saturday because you could tell they were ready to play.
Agreed. Texas is beyond tired up. If the Frogs can show up and fix the mistakes from last week, they can win solid. And it will help with the rest of the year. Gotta win this one. And by 1 is fine by me.

DistrictFrog

Oh, hi troll. They lost to Maryland because they did not execute. Shot themselves in the foot. Same thing we did on Saturday. Texas improved greatly in week 3. The question is of we can in game 4. We have not beaten anybody good yet.

There's a bit of a difference between UT shooting themselves in the foot and losing to Maryland, and us failing to execute and losing to Ohio State. I am willing to bet nearly everyone else in the damned conference could have pulled out a win in Maryland.

Eight

i always find it interesting when people think there is this transferable property between games.

there is nothing that you said that would have required them to watch the osu film.

name me a quarterback who likes pressure, especially pressure up the middle.?

isolating tcu's backers and safeties is nothing new and has been pointed out there is a big difference between having a plan and having the talent to carry out the plan

this game isn't a given, but if our offensive line plays at the level it did last saturday the offense will be good

the bigger question is will we see our more experienced defenders step up (i.e. collier, evans, dunham, small etc...) or will we see more young players be given an opportunity.

noah daniels never flinched when given the chance and i think we could see others in the secondary as well. linebacker and defensive end is a different matter

hope on them early, don't let up, let the doubt creep in.

Mean Purple

i always find it interesting when people think there is this transferable property between games.

there is nothing that you said that would have required them to watch the osu film.

name me a quarterback who likes pressure, especially pressure up the middle.?

isolating tcu's backers and safeties is nothing new and has been pointed out there is a big difference between having a plan and having the talent to carry out the plan

this game isn't a given, but if our offensive line plays at the level it did last saturday the offense will be good

the bigger question is will we see our more experienced defenders step up (i.e. collier, evans, dunham, small etc...) or will we see more young players be given an opportunity.

noah daniels never flinched when given the chance and i think we could see others in the secondary as well. linebacker and defensive end is a different matter

hope on them early, don't let up, let the doubt creep in.

Wexahu

Agreed. Texas is beyond tired up. If the Frogs can show up and fix the mistakes from last week, they can win solid. And it will help with the rest of the year. Gotta win this one. And by 1 is fine by me.

Looking at the schedule this is such a key game. After this we've got 5 at home and 3 on the road and two of those are Kansas and Baylor......this game here sets the tone for potentially a really, really good season with some really fun high profile games coming up or one in which we're just trying to stay in the Top 25.

Gotta win this thing, just have to.

FrogLifeYo

All things aren’t ever created equal..

Who Plays up to their potential?
Who gets the breaks?
Who takes the game more seriously?
Who’s coaches call and adjust better?
Who plays with the most emotion?

If all things were equal, we’d win by 20+...Unfortunately in football such as life people don’t reach their potential..I think this is a tough one early but we should put it away in the 2nd half. We are by all accounts the superior football team and I like GPs ability to help the players remember that.