• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: TCU Staff Stresses NIL During Junior Day Presentations

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU Staff Stresses NIL During Junior Day Presentations​

Jamie Plunkett

TCU hosted a Junior Day on January 30th for 40 prospects from the 2023 and 2024 recruiting classes, and while it seems every recruit had a good time learning about the university, touring the facility, and snapping photos in TCU uniforms, one subject seemed to stand above the rest: NIL.

“Name, Image, and Likeness,” said Terrance Green, one of TCU’s top lineman targets, “They talked a lot about it.”

TCU offensive analyst and recruiting coordinator Bryan Carrington was responsible for the presentation, which held every recruit’s attention.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...il-during-junior-day-presentations/ar-AATtCm0

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Sounds like it was well received. Not only an NIL lesson but also a recruiting opportunity. Good job coach.

Palliative Care

Hmmm, if you are an offensive lineman and you get $50,000 a year, however you still need to start and play to get even bigger money from the NFL or even perhaps to stay on the team. So if you aren't playing by say year two, do you get dropped by the school as other recruits come aboard? Probably...
So look for portal exits as a feature of the big up front pay to play or if not then don't stay scheme.

Will our "hey here is what ya need to do with all that cash" approach work? What is probably being offered is an annuity type of pay out. Smart kids and parents will see how much more you get over time. However, I bet big bucks up front will attract more big fish at least initially. I guess we will find out over time.

Eight

Hmmm, if you are an offensive lineman and you get $50,000 a year, however you still need to start and play to get even bigger money from the NFL or even perhaps to stay on the team. So if you aren't playing by say year two, do you get dropped by the school as other recruits come aboard? Probably...
So look for portal exits as a feature of the big up front pay to play or if not then don't stay scheme.

Will our "hey here is what ya need to do with all that cash" approach work? What is probably being offered is an annuity type of pay out. Smart kids and parents will see how much more you get over time. However, I bet big bucks up front will attract more big fish at least initially. I guess we will find out over time.

the idea that grabbed my attention is that texas is willing to pay their entire offensive line $250K and an unproven prospect who hasn't played in over 2 years the money caleb williams commanded leaving ou.

sounds like they were bidding against themselves for ewers and they still don't know how to properly leverage all the assets they have available to them. use that money to lock down line recruits on both sides and you aren't dependent on the quarterback position

Toad Jones

I don't know of the specifics but appreciate the course Dykes bunch are taking. Oblivion is just a few steps away if you don't embrace the new options available to those kids involved in recruiting. Seems like their is a common sense side of information or the side of just throw heavy amounts of dollars at the kids. TCU appears to have elected the common sense side. It's still the same going rate for the kids but using their properties while in school and upon graduation. (or something like graduation.) Investments, mkts- etc,and yes your brand name which can make you money long after your playing days. It can get complicated to a hurry without some thought towards groundwork for Dad, Mom, their kid and where do you start. If I'm a parent with concern/question, I'm listening to the message TCU is giving. That should speak to those involved and compliment TCU.

asleep003

use that money to lock down line recruits on both sides and you aren't dependent on the quarterback position
Absolutely ... with a quality 4* Oline front, many 3* QBs could appear to have 4* talent, with ample time to find receivers.
Think about having 4-5 4* Dlinemen... and how much better the back 7/8 will look. Yes, majority funding for the trenches!