• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Monday Morning Manager: TCU Baseball, the MLB Draft, and the future.

Moose Stuff

Yesterday went about as well as possible for UT as none of their recruits were taken. If you don't see any of them in the first 10-15 picks today they're looking at possibly getting EVERYONE from what I believe is the nation's#1 class. That would be a definite first IMO.

Edit.... Dammit, missed one UT recruit getting picked yesterday. They will lose Carson Tucker.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Yesterday went about as well as possible for UT as none of their recruits were taken. If you don't see any of them in the first 10-15 picks today they're looking at possibly getting EVERYONE from what I believe is the nation's#1 class. That would be a definite first IMO.

Edit.... Dammit, missed one UT recruit getting picked yesterday. They will lose Carson Tucker.

I read a report that Kelley is expected to get picked/sign today.

Pharm Frog

Hope they pay him. 34 Ks in 12 innings pitched this year. That seems good.

Reminds me of a game my son was catching for his summer travel team down in Round Rock or somewhere down there. May have been Georgetown. The pitcher (lefty from Whitehouse who committed to UH but never heard from him again) is throwing a no-no with 20 K’s and two outs in a game that would end after T7 by run rule. Kid walks a batter which was the first time from the stretch that game. Gets up 0-1 on the next batter and the next pitch splits the black on the outside corner to a righty...my son goes Bryan Holaday with the glove point to the pitcher, barks something, and then flat back picks the kid off first base by 8 feet. Everybody in the park screams “NO” and the first baseman thankfully throws the ball back to the mound and lets the runner back to the bag. Two pitches later...7 inning complete game, no-no, with 21 K’s. My son was so embarrassed.