• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Monday Morning Manager: TCU Baseball, the MLB Draft, and the future.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
BB15cwT7.img

Monday Morning Manager: TCU Baseball, the MLB Draft, and the future.

Melissa B. Triebwasser

Today, Monday June 8th, is a day we very well could have watched TCU Baseball clinch a trip to the College World Series. Maybe they would have been matched up with Texas A&M at Lupton, or maybe they would have been an underdog on the road. We will never know what might have been in 2020 — the Frogs were 11-4 with Maryland headed to town when the season was halted in mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent cancellation of... well, everything.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...ball-the-mlb-draft-and-the-future/ar-BB15cwTi

frogtex

going to be tough to hold on to Ray and Smith in a draft in which most clubs will defer to college players...although, these two certainly don't have a proven track record..both have been hurt during their careers and have yet to really pitch a full season......most of what I've read makes me feel good about Cam Brown and Carter Baumler....I'll be interested to follow what goes down with Elijah Nunez too...

it would be too good to be true to hold on to everyone....won't happen.

Moose Stuff

going to be tough to hold on to Ray and Smith in a draft in which most clubs will defer to college players...although, these two certainly don't have a proven track record..both have been hurt during their careers and have yet to really pitch a full season......most of what I've read makes me feel good about Cam Brown and Carter Baumler....I'll be interested to follow what goes down with Elijah Nunez too...

it would be too good to be true to hold on to everyone....won't happen.

I would say Ray is 50/50 to return. Smith more like 80/20. Would surprise me if we lost Baumler or Brown. ZERO chance Nunez is taken in this draft.

Moose Stuff

Do you expect Texas or Tech to lose many HS signees or current jumiors???

I'm almost certain both lose their Friday starter... Elder at UT and Beeter at Tech. I don't see UT losing anyone else off the current roster while Tech has an outfielder and a couple relievers that I would say are possible but unlikely drafts. UT probably loses their top recruit Jared Kelley and maybe someone else like Jared Jones or Petey Halpin. Only HS recruit I feel good about Tech losing is Marco Raya but they have a kid at San Jac named Birdsell that is a possibility too.

froginmn

Minnesota pitcher Max Meyer, who started game 1 against us and gave up 4 in 5 2/3 but struck out 10, went #3 in the draft.