• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Gary Patterson prepares his team to stop Big 12 offenses by teaching the triple option

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
624400462.jpg.0.jpg

Gary Patterson prepares his team to stop Big 12 offenses by teaching the triple option

He knows every play your offense has ever used, but it all goes back to the basics.

By Ian Boyd@Ian_A_Boyd

“You’re not gonna fool anybody after you play them a couple of years,” Gary Patterson said. “There’s only so many ways you can run a play or run a trick play. I just keep a running total of everybody’s trick plays. We just keep adding ‘em on every year. So you go back and you try them all out and be like, ‘oh well we haven’t run this in years’ ... no, we worked on it.”

One of the most entertaining subplots of the 2017 Playoff was Gary Patterson in ESPN’s coaches’ film room when Oklahoma took on Georgia.

“Nobody wants to play them twice,” Patterson noted at Big 12 Media Days when asked about how TCU had to play a round robin schedule and then go up against Oklahoma one more time in the Big 12 title game. “In all my years, that was probably the best or second-best offense I’ve seen. The other one was when they had Sam Bradford.”

Read more at https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...2750/gary-patterson-triple-option-tcu-defense

Eight

watching and listening to patterson and holgerson was amazing not only in the chemistry they had and the manner in which they explained things, but the speed at which they recognized things taking place.

not simply a matter of how smart gary is, but how quickly his mind works.

f_399

When CGP retires I hope he spends every Saturday on TV talking about games. I'd love him as a color guy, but it would be better watching him analyze all the big games and key plays.
That would be horrible lol

He'll be calling plays before it even happens

4 Oaks Frog

I would feel better about GP's claim that he has cataloged everyone's trick plays if the Frogs weren't fooled 90 per cent of the time by the other teams' fake punts....Although, I don't recall too many of these being run against us in the last couple of years, so maybe the coaches have been able to teach the defense what to look for....
TCU Frogs has always been a sucker for the fake punt. Time after time over the years.
GO FROGS!
BEAT tosu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

FrogLifeYo

GP coaches assignment football better than any living coach...If you’re going to play for TCU, You have to play football with your brain..That’s why the stars don’t mean @$;$:mad:

Limp Lizard

The fake punt works throughout college football. Knowing when to call it is an art, though.

I hope Holgorsen has a great year and stays at WVU. Still pulling for a TCU/WVU match-up, in defiance of the Riley worship cult on this forum.