• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: After Ole Miss visit, former five-star RB Zach Evans to visit Tennessee

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Former five-star RB Zach Evans to visit Tennessee​

Terry A. Lambert

Remember Zach Evans? That Zach Evans? Well he’s back on the market following a coaching change at TCU. The former five-star running back flirted with seemingly every school in the SEC before surprisingly ending up with the Horned Frogs. It was one of the wilder recruiting journeys you’ll ever see, and he’s now set for round two.

Per a report from 247Sports, Evans will take another look at Tennessee, this time under new leadership. Coming off of a visit at Ole Miss, Evans will visit Knoxville this coming weekend. The report from Steve Wiltfong gave the Rebels the early edge.

Read more at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...r-rb-zach-evans-to-visit-tennessee/ar-AARyKux

vicarfrog

Dude, Oxford is a pretty cool place. Great support for the school. And you can go hang out in Memphis (about an 1 hr 5 min) drive away ... but not have to live in Memphis.

And their gameday experience kicks ours in the teeth.

I had opportunities in my early teens to travel many times to the Oxford Square, the Grove, and see the Rebels play in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. There is nothing like it in the world of college football.

vicarfrog

I hope it's more than that. I'm fine with money, and I'm fine with players getting insane amounts of money too. It's not everything, but it is one of the many ways that God cares for people.

But this is my one concern: What are we offering to make sure they're not only getting money, but keeping it and growing it?
Consider this: They're going to get 6 figure payments, someone in my shoes is going to get 5 figure payments; chances are, I'm still going to finish on top of them. That's not a brag or spiteful statement, but someone like me has been taught to abhor debt, refrain from use of credit cards, use cash/debit, develop an emergency fund, and invest. I didn't learn that in a business class. I can point to 2 teachers: My dad and Dave Ramsey.

What is TCU doing to make sure our players have the same opportunity to keep and grow their wealth? I truly am wondering, because I would be more interested in helping this way than giving money.