• The KillerFrogs

Say a prayer for Jeff Gladney.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I think the good-person thing to do here is respect the dead. It's disheartening to see that not occurring in spots here.

A friend of friends died recently in an accident as well. I asked how they were doing, how their family and friends were, even what would happen to his dogs.

You know what I didn't ask? Why he died in that one car accident. Nor did I ask whether or not they knew if he was being a bad driver, or intoxicated, or on a phone call when it happened. Why didn't I ask that? Because its got-damned immaterial what may have happened, especially versus his death and the impact it has on people.

I don't know what happened here, but I know Jeff was loved. And I gotta be honest - whatever worst case scenario people seem to have in mind here, be it simply speeding inattentively or things beyond... well let me be the first to admit that in my youth I've probably whistled through that graveyard without consequences - and I'd be willing to bet a whoooole damn lot of you have too. I'm not proud of that, and neither are you, but it's true and so I don't speculate and I don't have a damn stone to throw at anyone, even if an investigation does reveal something less than optimal.

YA

Is your first sentence ok? It seems weird to say that after just dressing down Lisa for the same thing.
Nope. It was crass and inappropriate to bring it up in the first place. But you knew that and just trying to be contrarian.

The point is and always will be that there is time and place. The day after isn’t the time or place.

CountryFrog

I think the good-person thing to do here is respect the dead. It's disheartening to see that not occurring in spots here.

A friend of friends died recently in an accident as well. I asked how they were doing, how their family and friends were, even what would happen to his dogs.

You know what I didn't ask? Why he died in that one car accident. Nor did I ask whether or not they knew if he was being a bad driver, or intoxicated, or on a phone call when it happened. Why didn't I ask that? Because its got-damned immaterial what may have happened, especially versus his death and the impact it has on people.

I don't know what happened here, but I know Jeff was loved. And I gotta be honest - whatever worst case scenario people seem to have in mind here, be it simply speeding inattentively or things beyond... well let me be the first to admit that in my youth I've probably whistled through that graveyard without consequences - and I'd be willing to bet a whoooole damn lot of you have too. I'm not proud of that, and neither are you, but it's true and so I don't speculate and I don't have a damn stone to throw at anyone, even if an investigation does reveal something less than optimal.
Agree. Well said. I don't know what the positive is in the reckless speculation. Unless it comes out that he was pulling a Henry Ruggs and driving like 160 mph then I see no positives in bringing up this negative stuff right now.