• The KillerFrogs

Say a prayer for Jeff Gladney.

LisaLT

What a POS post. Disgusting, POS post.
You’re an idiot if you can’t see how self destructive Jeff Gladney was. He had talent and opportunity and was given a second chance for a great career. If it were me, I’d be on the straight and narrow and not taking risks or chances like that. He killed another person too. Or I guess that doesn’t matter to you. Highly likely he should not have been driving.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
You’re an idiot if you can’t see how self destructive Jeff Gladney was. He had talent and opportunity and was given a second chance for a great career. If it were me, I’d be on the straight and narrow and not taking risks or chances like that. He killed another person too. Or I guess that doesn’t matter to you. Highly likely he should not have been driving.
The girl who died with Jeff is the niece of a good friend of mine. She was a really bright soul. I hope for everyone’s sake this was just a tragic accident. As always, the facts will come out…

tetonfrog

I am not arguing with you because I do not know all the facts about what happened.

I do know that Jeff's family and friends are mourning his passing. They came on this board expecting to get some comfort and relief and they read this. Kicking a fellow Frog after he passed away is so low class. You did not even wait for his family to bury him before you [ Finebaum ] on him.

Great job.

Please, for his family's sake, can you shut the hell up now?

RIP Jeff.

Brog

Yeah, Lisa, and now that he is dead, absolutely dead at 25, with his family mourning, this is a good time to jump on him. "Highly likely he should not have been driving." Oh, well then, no problem that he's dead and gone. "If it were me, I'd be on the straight and narrow..." Can't believe you're as self-righteous and judgmental as this.

YA

Go ahead and double down opinions on the young man. You know nothing but assumptions on what you don't know.

May he rest in peace regardless of what self righteous and hateful LisaT says.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
And what point is that, besides he had a wreck that cost him his life in the early morning hours?
That, aside from the God-awful horror of losing someone with a future as bright and promising as Gladney, is the realization that based on the descriptions of the accident it may well have been avoidable. Like the facts spilling out on the QB that died a few weeks ago, it didn't have to happen that way. 25-year-olds tend to take chances us old farts have learned to avoid, which is how we got to be old farts in the first place. Old pilots/Bold pilots.

Noting this is not a slam, nor is it dancing on a grave. It is more an observation that no matter how bulletproof and immortal you think you are, you ain't. In a way, it makes it even more bitter...

(It occurs to me that I have now termed Lisa an Old Fart. No bikini pics for me...)

YA

That, aside from the God-awful horror of losing someone with a future as bright and promising as Gladney, is the realization that based on the descriptions of the accident it may well have been avoidable. Like the facts spilling out on the QB that died a few weeks ago, it didn't have to happen that way. 25-year-olds tend to take chances us old farts have learned to avoid, which is how we got to be old farts in the first place. Old pilots/Bold pilots.

Noting this is not a slam, nor is it dancing on a grave. It is more an observation that no matter how bulletproof and immortal you think you are, you ain't. In a way, it makes it even more bitter...

(It occurs to me that I have now termed Lisa an Old Fart. No bikini pics for me...)
Yeah I understand that speeding in that location was dumb and cost him his life and his girlfriend. The other aspect she is suggesting that he wasn't living on the straight and narrow is what got me and others fired up.

There will be a day and time for those discussions later. In the immediate aftermath, it was not the time or appropriate for anything else but celebrating his life.

CountryFrog

1) If the accident was his fault then yes there is blame for that. Obviously just about any time there is a wreck then at least one person did something they weren't supposed to do.

2) I don't know why there's any point bringing in the idea that he was living his life in some kind of wrong way even if he did something wrong in this situation immediately after his death. It just comes across as you couldn't wait to get out there to tear him down. I don't think that was your motivation. I think you probably just made a comment on a message board about something you had thoughts on. But I can also see how someone else might read it differently.

DeuceBoogieNights

There will be a day and time for those discussions later. In the immediate aftermath, it was not the time or appropriate for anything else but celebrating his life.

Sorry, but what if it comes out that what others are speculating is true? I'm not big on celebrating drunk drivers. Especially ones that are highly paid and can afford a driver or Uber. Yes, it's bad to speculate but if it had happened at 11 am I don't think there would be this kind of talk going on. Speeding + early morning + wreck usually equals...

YA

Sorry, but what if it comes out that what others are speculating is true? I'm not big on celebrating drunk drivers. Especially ones that are highly paid and can afford a driver or Uber. Yes, it's bad to speculate but if it had happened at 11 am I don't think there would be this kind of talk going on. Speeding + early morning + wreck usually equals...
I have no doubt it will likely be that way. That doesn't mean it was the right place and time to have that conversation. Later yes, but the incident just happened.