• The KillerFrogs

Saturday Down South: Texas lawmaker trolls Longhorns for record vs. TCU during hearing

PO Frog

it is only partly about money from what I have been told.

There is going to be another division of football based on the current plan from the Networks (or maybe just one really)

Spent about 3 days floating on the river with a person who would be have to be involved for it to happen and he said its inevitable before the next round of contracts.

No final agreement on the future structure because most of the schools that have been approached are still considering it but not fully decided - but it won't be many teams beyond those that add tv value.

The final structure will come down to how many of the "top tier" say yes - but he also said it was made clear that if they can get 75% of the top teams - they will move forward so there is no placeholders at this point - you are in or you are out if asked to join.

And if UT didn't go - they would not have been included. Same will be for all of the other schools because they already have the SEC as the foundation, thus why UT and OU went there as the first teams in.

He also told me the expanded playoff summer task force evaluating the move to 12 based on 5 P5 conferences and some G5 involvement is basically dead in the water - no interest until big issue is resolved since if it happens, the top tier will play itself in a playoff, not the rest of us.
I get this but my larger point is that venture will fail in the long run, and perhaps immediately. You can’t cast out the majority of fans of a sport and expect them to keep caring.