• The KillerFrogs

Saturday Down South: TCU coach calls on boosters to make NIL deals, keep recruits from going to SEC

hiphopfroggy

There were jokes about the Eric Dickerson pay cuts to go to the NFL. It's only a matter of time before a player actually has to take a pay cut to play in the NFL since all his eligibility is used. The SEC has been working on how to pay players for since the 70s. The SWC just got caught! Now the SEC is focused on dominating this market. I guess they would rather buy football players than library books.

Ryan Day and others have opined on these issues. The problem is NIL is unregulated. There is no limit as to what a booster can pay anyone. Certain players make way more while others struggle based on name and position. You've got kids coming from well off families making large amounts of money while others who might be coming from low income situations who end up making nothing. Both players are starting! Let's not even open the Title IX issues right now. How many female athletes do you see signing 6 figure deals?! I am waiting for the day when a booster demands a kid start due to the NIL money they are paying them. How about when a kid refuses to play as they prep for whatever even though they are making money through NIL?

Something has to change. Maybe the NIL money needs to go to the school where it can be equally distributed. Maybe it needs to be put in escrow accounts where it only gets distributed after graduation. This was meant to help kids be able to afford what they needed in school and to work extra jobs. It has turned in to a racket.

The NFL is going to laugh their ass off when they lower the age to enter the league to 18.

Frozen Frog

The NFL is going to laugh their ass off when they lower the age to enter the league to 18.

Nobody ever talked about the issues with the NFL! The NFL creates the barriers and CFB gets the blame! If the NFL would have changed their ways and supported the leagues like the XFL where an 18 year old could have earned a paycheck many of the issues would have gone away! BTW how many 18 year olds are ready for the NFL? I am going to guess maybe 1!

I don't mind athletes earning a little scratch. I think many should be able to earn something similar to a student work award that is available to most students. The mess we have today is going to destroy CFB. I am starting to think minor sports are about to receive a massive blow with several cuts coming.

Eight

Nobody ever talked about the issues with the NFL! The NFL creates the barriers and CFB gets the blame! If the NFL would have changed their ways and supported the leagues like the XFL where an 18 year old could have earned a paycheck many of the issues would have gone away! BTW how many 18 year olds are ready for the NFL? I am going to guess maybe 1!

I don't mind athletes earning a little scratch. I think many should be able to earn something similar to a student work award that is available to most students. The mess we have today is going to destroy CFB. I am starting to think minor sports are about to receive a massive blow with several cuts coming.

you really believe this is the fault of the nfl ?

Jackson

Why don't they show us the faces of the fools who make these as(s)inine decisions? there doesn't appear to be any accountability at the NCAA.

Eight

Why don't they show us the faces of the fools who make these as(s)inine decisions? there doesn't appear to be any accountability at the NCAA.

1ff59f40-8a32-452d-8324-3b67bfc9f84a-GTY_1232480514.jpg

Jackson

I understand it was a Supreme Court Decision but the NCAAA has had zero vision when it comes to addresses issues/problems. They operate like political appointee positions ........as a group they do little or nothing and keep their heads in the sand.

Eight

I understand it was a Supreme Court Decision but the NCAAA has had zero vision when it comes to addresses issues/problems. They operate like political appointee positions ........as a group they do little or nothing and keep their heads in the sand.

the ncaa is a figurehead organization and their leadership IS appointed by their members