• The KillerFrogs

Saturday Down South: Chargers head coach Brandon Staley roasted on social media after saying TCU is 'same as' Georgia and Alabama

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Chargers head coach Brandon Staley roasted on social media after saying TCU is 'same as' Georgia and Alabama​

Andrew Olson

It’s safe to say Brandon Staley did not watch (or does not remember) the College Football Playoff National Championship in January. The Los Angeles Chargers head coach is being called out on social media Sunday for saying TCU is “no different” than Georgia and Alabama.

In a press conference after the 2023 NFL Draft, Staley was asked about the Chargers selecting 3 players from TCU.
“Yeah, they’ve got a really outstanding team,” Staley said. “I think it’s no different, it’s the same as the University of Georgia or University of Alabama. You know, one of the top college problems.”

Read more at https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...er-saying-tcu-is-same-as-georgia-and-alabama/

Limey Frog

This season will NEVER be about beating Michigan to anyone outside TCU.
I'm not sure about that. I think TCU's run to the championship game will be looked back on as a remarkable achievement, and one that will only standout more as the years without any other program managing anything even close to it increase in number. I've heard Andy Staples and Stewart Mandel both say things to the effect of how amazing it will appear twenty years from now. In contrast, getting blasted by Georgia will, with time, only appear as an inevitable outcome that would have occurred to whomever showed up to play them.

Eight

This season will NEVER be about beating Michigan to anyone outside TCU.

if tcu let's the media control the message

this clip needs to be hammered out there by tcu again and again and again....

no different than the number of players drafted and while they can't change what happened in the cfp game they have a rare opportunity to change some of the narrative

sonny and his staff now have the words and actions of others to prove what they are selling, if you buy in , if you do as we ask we can accomplish what everyone else can and that is play in the cfp, get you drafted into the league, and we are the one saying this, here are the words of an nfl head coach, here are the selections from the draft

frogs need a hype man pushing this and when people push back, great....they are talking about you and your program

Wexahu

I'm not sure about that. I think TCU's run to the championship game will be looked back on as a remarkable achievement, and one that will only standout more as the years without any other program managing anything even close to it increase in number. I've heard Andy Staples and Stewart Mandel both say things to the effect of how amazing it will appear twenty years from now. In contrast, getting blasted by Georgia will, with time, only appear as an inevitable outcome that would have occurred to whomever showed up to play them.
Remarkable achievement for sure, but there is no doubt that the final game was damaging to our reputation. We are talking like this Georgia team was one of the greatest in college football history. They weren't. They were a team that lost five 1st round picks (and 15 overall picks) from the prior year.

That game was just so demoralizing and embarrassing. It's really hard to look back on the season and feel THAT great about it after 65-7 on the biggest stage.

NewFrogFan

If it would have been 20-40 point loss, in 5 years, 90% outside Georgia and TCU would not even know who Georgia beat.

Dogfrog

Remarkable achievement for sure, but there is no doubt that the final game was damaging to our reputation. We are talking like this Georgia team was one of the greatest in college football history. They weren't. They were a team that lost five 1st round picks (and 15 overall picks) from the prior year.

That game was just so demoralizing and embarrassing. It's really hard to look back on the season and feel THAT great about it after 65-7 on the biggest stage.
TCU making it to the championship game was not damaging to our reputation. You really think our reputation today is less than it was a year ago? My take on Staley’s comment was not about how we stacked up in the NC game, but how we stack up from a draft perspective.

4 Oaks Frog

TCU making it to the championship game was not damaging to our reputation. You really think our reputation today is less than it was a year ago? My take on Staley’s comment was not about how we stacked up in the NC game, but how we stack up from a draft perspective.

Chargers head coach Brandon Staley roasted on social media after saying TCU is 'same as' Georgia and Alabama​

Andrew Olson

It’s safe to say Brandon Staley did not watch (or does not remember) the College Football Playoff National Championship in January. The Los Angeles Chargers head coach is being called out on social media Sunday for saying TCU is “no different” than Georgia and Alabama.

In a press conference after the 2023 NFL Draft, Staley was asked about the Chargers selecting 3 players from TCU.
“Yeah, they’ve got a really outstanding team,” Staley said. “I think it’s no different, it’s the same as the University of Georgia or University of Alabama. You know, one of the top college problems.”

Read more at https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...er-saying-tcu-is-same-as-georgia-and-alabama/

What a GIANT LOAD OF CRAP!
You know what’s coming…wait for it…here it is…scheiss THE $EC

Wexahu

I don't think it's as high as some might think.

I think most people think it was a neat story but that's about it, and I don't think the carry over from the season will be near what it could have been if we had lost by 10-15 points in a reasonably competitive game.

Staley's comment is meaningless, people making some kind of UGA/TCU comparison based on that is dumb. We had some really good players that got drafted, and rightfully so. Pro scouts aren't going to grades guys on anything besides their potential as NFL players.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
We aren't the same as Georgia or Alabama. We get lower rated recruits who get better and then are NFL ready. Georgia, Alabama and tOSU plus to a lesser extent Clemson and Michigan, consistently dominate the 5 star recruiting battles.

Dogfrog

I don't think it's as high as some might think.

I think most people think it was a neat story but that's about it, and I don't think the carry over from the season will be near what it could have been if we had lost by 10-15 points in a reasonably competitive game.

Staley's comment is meaningless, people making some kind of UGA/TCU comparison based on that is dumb. We had some really good players that got drafted, and rightfully so. Pro scouts aren't going to grades guys on anything besides their potential as NFL players.
It’s not as high as it would have been if we won or played well, but it’s much higher than where we were before the season. There will always be people with a personal agenda - the UT and SMU types.

JugbandFrog

We aren't the same as Georgia or Alabama. We get lower rated recruits who get better and then are NFL ready. Georgia, Alabama and tOSU plus to a lesser extent Clemson and Michigan, consistently dominate the 5 star recruiting battles.
We USED to get lower rated recruits, we have gotten higher rated recruits over the last 5 years or so and LHCHP did jack squat with them.

Limey Frog

Are we really arguing over whether making the national championship game with a new head coach after being 5-7 the previous year is a big boost to our program rather than a marginal one?

Just go find a fan of a sub-500 team (Baylor would do), and ask them how they would feel about going 13-2 next year with a loss in the NCG.