• The KillerFrogs

Salt Lake Tribune: Mountain West Conference weighs invitation to Boise State

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(TopFrog @ Jun 7 2010, 07:09 AM) [snapback]570070[/snapback]
[SIZE=12pt]Salt Lake Tribune: Mountain West Conference weighs invitation to Boise State[/SIZE]

By Bill Oram
The Salt Lake Tribune

If Boise State is invited to join the Mountain West Conference this week by the nine people who have the power to do such a thing, it will represent a very pragmatic progression for the Broncos football program.

If you can beat 'em, join 'em. ...

"A decision to invite Boise State will not, however, be made to further attract the BCS, Young said.

"We have dominated in terms of BCS busting and I think the case is pretty obvious where we stand," he said. "I think we should expand or not expand on what is or isn't good for the conference, generally speaking."

???

Then why do it at all?

MWC already has everything else....The only thing lacking for the MWC is an automatic bid. Teams have already played in BCS bowls and gone undefeated. Just need an automatic bid and equal access to the national championship game. The game is about winning it all. What else is there?

desmith03

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Jun 7 2010, 07:49 AM) [snapback]570087[/snapback]
"A decision to invite Boise State will not, however, be made to further attract the BCS, Young said.

"We have dominated in terms of BCS busting and I think the case is pretty obvious where we stand," he said. "I think we should expand or not expand on what is or isn't good for the conference, generally speaking."

???

Then why do it at all?

MWC already has everything else....The only thing lacking for the MWC is an automatic bid. Teams have already played in BCS bowls and gone undefeated. Just need an automatic bid and equal access to the national championship game. The game is about winning it all. What else is there?

president-speak

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Jun 7 2010, 07:49 AM) [snapback]570087[/snapback]

???

Then why do it at all?

Yeah, what an odd thing to say, really, since that would be the ONLY reason to invite BSU (at this time, without teams having left).

Nick Danger

Just something to keep in mind...

If both the Big East and Big 12 lose their AQ status, that only leaves 4 remaining AQ conferences and the BCS rules say there has to be a minimum of 5. They would have to come up with an additional AQ conference somewhere.... :rolleyes: