• The KillerFrogs

Saarloos was a bad choice

DutchFrog

ugh both sides need to just chill about this until after the season.

If we go 0-2 in whatever regional we end up with, this will get brought up again with the original perspective.
Even if we go 0-2, it shouldn’t be brought up again with the original perspective. The fact of the matter is that an abundance of people on here were cursing the man that just won the Big 12. They were predicting we wouldn’t even make the post-season. We did. They said the “mamby pamby stuff won’t get it done.” It did.

Little man and I sat right next to the TCU dugout last night. The energy coming from that dugout was incredible. The support for each other was amazing. You didn’t see guys like David Bishop or Kurtis Byrne sulking because they weren’t where they used to be. You simply saw them supporting each other. That’s called a TEAM. And we have a good one.

FrogBall09

Even if we go 0-2, it shouldn’t be brought up again with the original perspective. The fact of the matter is that an abundance of people on here were cursing the man that just won the Big 12. They were predicting we wouldn’t even make the post-season. We did. They said the “mamby pamby stuff won’t get it done.” It did.

Little man and I sat right next to the TCU dugout last night. The energy coming from that dugout was incredible. The support for each other was amazing. You didn’t see guys like David Bishop or Kurtis Byrne sulking because they weren’t where they used to be. You simply saw them supporting each other. That’s called a TEAM. And we have a good one.
Ok - I will be that guy

So what?

Loos is a players coach - everyone knows that and I would not have expected anything less than a “team” from a guy who was hired 100% because the players like him

Regular season titles are nice but we have to find a way to get back to Supers and have a shot at Omaha for a program of TCUs level

The run the last month was amazing and Bruce deserves most of the credit for making changes to his message to get guys bought in vs MO’s approach before

We got “helped” by some crazy bad baseball across the nation- which is why 8 SEC teams are hosting for example - and now have played our way into the lowest seeded #2 and getting sent to face the #1 team in the country as a reward

We will see what happens today but if we get sent to awake Forest, we most likely get a weaker 3 and Tulane as a 4 (40 loss team)

Which means we should win game 1 and be rewarded by facing one of the best pitchers in the country in Lowder (13-0, 1.69 ERA)

If the team can beat WF the world will be their oyster- but it will take pitching to win that game, not offense alone

An-Cap Frog

The more important question at this juncture, is what are we going to do about the arms race in college baseball? How does TCU keep up with the Joneses of the SEC?

East Coast

Tier 1

I wasn't calling for KS to be fired, but the reality is by the end of April we were projected to miss NCAA tournament; so it wasn't just our fans saying this.

Being far away, I can't go to the games live, but I did make the West Virginia series. We were a mess; we had no energy, and our 3rd base coach made multiple questionable (at least 5 with 3 of them being inexcusable) decisions. It looked bad.

Baseball is a long season, even in college. I heard there was a player's only meeting after that series. Who knows if that is related to our turnaround, but turnaround we did. KS stopped relying on most of the more experienced pitchers that were underperforming, the freshman pitchers stepped up, and we started getting more timely hits (though scoring runs was never this team's main problem).

Let's see where we wind up and ride it to the end. Barring a total meltdown next year, I think KS has earned 2 more years. You can't go overboard on one bad at bat, one pitching change that goes wrong, or a week or two of bad play. You can however, look at trends over a longer period of time... If we get knocked out in the regional, I'd say the program is in the exact same place it was when Schloss left.

Big Frog II

We really did not have great starting pitchers to begin the season. Our freshmen pitchers matured over the season and have helped this team turn it around here in May. This bodes well for the future.

Brog

I wasn't calling for KS to be fired, but the reality is by the end of April we were projected to miss NCAA tournament; so it wasn't just our fans saying this.

Being far away, I can't go to the games live, but I did make the West Virginia series. We were a mess; we had no energy, and our 3rd base coach made multiple questionable (at least 5 with 3 of them being inexcusable) decisions. It looked bad.

Baseball is a long season, even in college. I heard there was a player's only meeting after that series. Who knows if that is related to our turnaround, but turnaround we did. KS stopped relying on most of the more experienced pitchers that were underperforming, the freshman pitchers stepped up, and we started getting more timely hits (though scoring runs was never this team's main problem).

Let's see where we wind up and ride it to the end. Barring a total meltdown next year, I think KS has earned 2 more years. You can't go overboard on one bad at bat, one pitching change that goes wrong, or a week or two of bad play. You can however, look at trends over a longer period of time... If we get knocked out in the regional, I'd say the program is in the exact same place it was when Schloss left.
Can't tell from all this whether you are happy or sad.

Horny4TCU

Madfrog and bmoney214 should at least “unlike“ the original post.

Unreliable rating for all three is -10.
Why unlike the truth? We were the first P5 team to lose to UNC Wilmington... and we didn't just lose one, we lost the series. That was a very low point.

Horny4TCU

Time and distance usually reveal the truth.

Those who make rash statements often look foolish.

Go Frogs!
Kyle Maclachlan Reaction GIF by CBS

CardFrog

Anyone who has spent anytime on this board or any other Frog fan board knows how quickly we (me sometimes included) give up on the frogs. Those who did are wrong those who didn't were right. I never expected a regional win but I did expect to get there. On to the Sycamores and then to Omaha. And I believe we are the only team to make the CFP, make the NCAA hoops tourney and win a regional. Could be wrong. Now lets talk about why Morris shouldn't be our QB starter. Spit Blood .....Forg Baylor and UT.

Ron Swanson

Anyone who has spent anytime on this board or any other Frog fan board knows how quickly we (me sometimes included) give up on the frogs. Those who did are wrong those who didn't were right. I never expected a regional win but I did expect to get there. On to the Sycamores and then to Omaha. And I believe we are the only team to make the CFP, make the NCAA hoops tourney and win a regional. Could be wrong. Now lets talk about why Morris shouldn't be our QB starter. Spit Blood .....Forg Baylor and UT.
We were the only team to make theCFB playoff and NCAA Men’s Tournament this season, let alone win a playoff game, win an NCAA tournament game and win their regional.

I’d be curious to know if anyone has ever done that ever

CountryFrog

We were the only team to make theCFB playoff and NCAA Men’s Tournament this season, let alone win a playoff game, win an NCAA tournament game and win their regional.

I’d be curious to know if anyone has ever done that ever
There were a few years when Florida had elite basketball and football teams with Billy Donovan and Urban Meyer. Not sure how their baseball was during that period of time.