• The KillerFrogs

Saarloos staying

TCURiggs

Great news but I can't understand why he would jump at some of these opportunities he's been offered. Rice & Stanford are two great programs.

Maybe because he loves Fort Worth, is now getting paid as much as he would've at those two gigs, and he wants to wait for a public school opening so he doesn't have to deal with some of the recruiting challenges he's familiar with? He'll have plenty of opportunities at a HC gig.

Paint It Purple

Great news but I can't understand why he would jump at some of these opportunities he's been offered. Rice & Stanford are two great programs.
I have no true insight into Rice, but I seriously wonder if he got down to HOUSTON and saw that program is no longer what Coach Graham built. And by that I mean administrative support. Again I don’t know their inner workings, but it’s no secret that athletics are a necessary evil at Rice. Now maybe more than ever; they don’t really give a wit about baseball or any other sport.

Last edited:

AroundWorldFrog

All this good news must feel something like this, but who nose?

giphy.gif

flyfishingfrog

Maybe the Saarloos’ really like Ft Worth and their life here and for a guy who already made it to the majors as a player - that family stuff is more important to him than a title on the door

frogs9497

Maybe the Saarloos’ really like Ft Worth and their life here and for a guy who already made it to the majors as a player - that family stuff is more important to him than a title on the door

You may have heard Schloss mention tonight that he and CGP talk about how great TCU is, but that Fort Worth is even better. Perhaps a little insight into Schloss’ thought process over the last several days.

Punter1

I mean....the guy made over $3.5 mm in the majors...probably half a mil in the minors...another half mil in a signing bonus. Assuming he's a smart investor, which I totally believe he would be. They guy probably has over $3 mil in the bank...plus he has to making $500 k here.

Long story short...his bank account is probably pretty fat, he makes a lot of cheese here, he doesn't have to mess with hitters, fans, alumni, ADs, boosters, etc as a head coach. Plus I'd rather be the best assistant coach in the country in a great town with a great program in a low pressure situation then be the head coach of anything at Rice.