• The KillerFrogs

Ryder Cup thread

Purp

Yeah. Love this event. Hope the U.S. can carry a commanding lead into Sunday. Not sure why, but we've struggled at this event the last 15-20 years.

MN Frog

Best course Ive played, and Ive been on many of the local private courses in MN as well as Pebble Beach. It's incredibly challenging and the wind is abusive at best. Should be a fun weekend to watch!

JogginFrog

I watched the last 7 holes of the online featured group in the p.m. (Scheffler/Dechambeau vs. Rahm/Hatton). Fun to watch the crowd try to get in the Euro players' heads. The golf was good--both teams finished -7 best ball and made clutch putts down the stretch. Hunter Mahan was good as an analyst. He practically called Rahm's 15 footer for birdie on 16 when the Americans were 1 up and in tight. Hatton let Rahm carry him for most of the back nine, but he made the clutch 3 on 18 to halve the match. My only quibble was that Bryson left a couple of shots short when he needed to give them a chance to drop.

Wexahu

I enjoy it to an extent but I really don't care one way or another who wins. I just like seeing good golf.

Just my opinion, but I think the media and fans care about it more than the players, who kind of just go along for the ride. I’m sure they care and the environment is nerve racking for sure, but at the end of the day I don’t think they REALLY care who wins all that much. Nothing like big individual events and majors. It’s more about making the team than anything.

Paint It Purple

Listened to most of the day's coverage on Sirius Golf channel 92. The radio call guys do a good job of painting a mental picture. Guess it dates me back to the days of the Cardinals on the radio late at night.

Eight

one thing i have always enjoyed in this type of format is the way it will encourage some players such as bryson to try a few why the heck not shots such as cutting that dogleg on 17

so much of the tour is formula golf which takes great skill and consistency, but miss the creativity at times

Pharm Frog

Listened to most of the day's coverage on Sirius Golf channel 92. The radio call guys do a good job of painting a mental picture. Guess it dates me back to the days of the Cardinals on the radio late at night.

Generally speaking I agree but they frustrated the hell out of me at times yesterday. Case in point...."And it slides by just off the right edge....no....it disappears into the cup". That isn't good radio call. Sort of like that famous Cubs call: "And its a high drive...it could be...it might be...they are watching it go....and the infield fly rule is in effect."

JogginFrog

Looks like Hovland is playing against Spieth, Thomas and Wiesberger. Bernd hasn't hit a shot on the last three holes that a 20 handicapper wouldn't hit. Weak fade into the gunch, putt though the break leaving an 8-foot comebacker, a full-out chili-dip from 109 in the fairway, and a drive into a bunker leaving no look at the green.