Haven't had more than 4 yards per carry in any Big 12 game this year

It all starts with the run game and when you cant run the ball your screwed

QB was running for his life every play in the 4th quarter

Big Frog II

If you cant run the ball doesnt matter who is playing QB

I do think this is a big part of our problem, not being able to establish a running game. Then on 3rd down, they blitz and we are cooked. Also, holding on to the ball is important. We can't seem to do that either. Oh, and the penalties. Geez o pete we just stunk up the field tonight.

Last edited:

helcap

When the Defense plays all eleven within five yards of the line of scrimmage you are not going to be able to run the ball no matter how good your
O-line. The only way to get them out of that is to keep burning them downfield with the passing game, which we seem unable or unwilling to do.

BigPurple87

Our run game sucks because cumbie doesnt give a [ Finebaum ] about running the ball, he will live and die by the pass. He wont let Collins play because he knows he sucks even worse when he doesn't have a qb that can run to bail him out

tcumaniac

I agree. Our offensive line doesn’t get enough credit for how bad they are.

Our coaching is also plain terrible.

QB isn’t great, but he’s far from our biggest problem.

LVH

Our run game sucks because cumbie doesnt give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] about running the ball, he will live and die by the pass. He wont let Collins play because he knows he sucks even worse when he doesn't have a qb that can run to bail him out

When I saw us drop back to pass on 4th and 1 on our last offensive play I shook my head. That's where you line up Robinson under center and sneak it for the 1st. What were we thinking?

CountryFrog

This is starting to remind me of 2016. The offense and Kenny Hill were pretty decent early and then it all went to hell. I see the exact same things. The OL has gone from average to awful and the QB is regressing in his play.
The OL is definitely regressing and that's putting even more pressure on a young QB who is struggling.

Smooth42

If you cant run the ball doesnt matter who is playing QB

He is running for his life because when he walks up to the line of scrimmage he has no idea what is coming at him. Totally unprepared and always reactive. That is why he is scrambling around. Doesn't know when the blitz is coming and can't step up in the pocket. Just awful QB reads. Doesn't even throw to the outlet on the blitz.. He is just not smart at reading defenses. That makes offensive lines look a whole lot worse when your qb is not reading the D. Sorry.

West Coast Johnny

Plenty of blame to go around for that abortion of a game and the o-line wasn't good. Almost all our plays are run / pass options or read options so many of these plays that got blown up were the result of bad decision making by Robinson.

LVH

The 2016 offense was not this bad

Closer to 2013.

2013 we played well in a loss to LSU just like Ohio state this year and were optimistic going forward because we played well despite the loss. Then we just got worse and worse until the last 3 games of the year, wasting a Top 10 defense with an offense led by a young, erratic but atheltically gifted QB that couldn't figure things out until the 2nd to last game against K State.