• The KillerFrogs

RUMOR: Cumbie and UT

Frostie

Ron Swanson said:
I'd go after him, too

Hopefully we can hang on to both of those guys for a couple more years.

Interested to see how that plays out
No way in H E double hockey sticks do we hold on to them, both are beyond pissed at CGP for not complimenting them this season! Also according to Baylorfarts.com he works everyone really hard and even yells at people, all his assistant coaches want to leave.

Moose Stuff

Ron Swanson said:
I don't think that's obvious at all. Meacham could leave and then Cumbie could be promoted to sole OC and stay here in that for 8 years.

He loves it here, who knows.
At some point one of our coordinators is gonna stick it out here in hopes of being the next HC at TCU. Might be one of these two or might be some guy that arrives 10 years from now.

Moose Stuff

Gary's Shirtless Revenge said:
Both of our guys will get calls, they should! If they want to go, more power to them, that's why they took this job in the first place, to help get them their next, better job!
Both of them have ALREADY received calls. Most if not all of our staff has. And that's how we should want it. Makes it that much easier to attract quality candidates the next time you need someone.

TCUWIN

Didn't CGP say every one of his assistants received offers after last year? Only one we lost was a guy to Kansas. Think he would like to have a redo and wait for another, better, offer later?

VA Froggie

Here is another rumor for what it's worth, Charlie Stong is going to Miami when the season is done. That and a quarter will get a cup of coffee but was the word of a head coach who said his move is flying around the coaches channels. : )

OICU812

Frostie said:
No way in H E double hockey sticks do we hold on to them, both are beyond pissed at CGP for not complimenting them this season! Also according to Baylorfarts.com he works everyone really hard and even yells at people, all his assistant coaches want to leave.
Unless you are one of them, or one of their wives, you're talking out your hiney on at least this aspect of it.  I can totally believe that some of it could be true, GMFP is a driver- and I highly doubt that comes as a surprise to anyone who works for him.  As for them being upset at him, that's the kind of stuff that gets dealt with once the season is over, and everyone has a chance to reflect.  If they really are mad at him, he will figure out what it takes to solve that.  If one or the other, or both, leave, it won't be because of hurt feelers, or not getting enough butt-pats publicly, it will be because of great opportunities.

Purp

OICU812 said:
Unless you are one of them, or one of their wives, you're talking out your hiney on at least this aspect of it.  I can totally believe that some of it could be true, GMFP is a driver- and I highly doubt that comes as a surprise to anyone who works for him.  As for them being upset at him, that's the kind of stuff that gets dealt with once the season is over, and everyone has a chance to reflect.  If they really are mad at him, he will figure out what it takes to solve that.  If one or the other, or both, leave, it won't be because of hurt feelers, or not getting enough butt-pats publicly, it will be because of great opportunities.
Pretty sure you missed his sarcasm font.  I think he was making fun of a post or two from Baylor dorks in other threads that basically accused GP of hating Boykin and giving all of the credit for his success to Meach and Cumbie.  The argument was basically that GP was too dumb to realize how good TB2 was and he constantly yelled at him and benched him several times and then the new OCs came in and helped cultivate his talent.  The subsequent prediction was that Meach and Cumbie would leave after this year for HC jobs and we'd go back to being 4-8 b/c that's GP's ceiling without top end coordinators.

BABYFACE

SC will do what is best for him. The risk of Strong being gone in one to two years might outweigh the pay raise. It may not.

Moose Stuff

VA Froggie said:
Here is another rumor for what it's worth, Charlie Stong is going to Miami when the season is done. That and a quarter will get a cup of coffee but was the word of a head coach who said his move is flying around the coaches channels. : )
Buddy of mine who is a huge Gator fan dropped this on me about a month ago. I would laugh my ass off if Charlie left on his own .

Frostie

OICU812 said:
Psst, come here..........closer.....................Closer................THAT WAS SARCASM!

frogetaboutit

TCUWIN said:
Didn't CGP say every one of his assistants received offers after last year? Only one we lost was a guy to Kansas. Think he would like to have a redo and wait for another, better, offer later?
Absolutely this. Know of at least one coach (not Meach or SC) who has had opportunities but isn't considering leaving until CGP does. Repeated what another poster earlier said - GP takes care of his assts., FW is a great place to live, less pressure, etc...

tcuhf93

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Besides Glasgow do you really think a TCU coach would leave to take a lateral position in the conference? IMO that is incredibly disrespectful and if Cumbie is that great of a guy I wouldn't see him doing it.
$1 million/yr is the rumor. So probably not a lateral move in that regard. Hopefully, no one feels disrespected if this opportunity comes his way. I certainly wouldn't hold it against him if that kind of money is involved.

OICU812

Purp said:
Pretty sure you missed his sarcasm font.  I think he was making fun of a post or two from Baylor dorks in other threads that basically accused GP of hating Boykin and giving all of the credit for his success to Meach and Cumbie.  The argument was basically that GP was too dumb to realize how good TB2 was and he constantly yelled at him and benched him several times and then the new OCs came in and helped cultivate his talent.  The subsequent prediction was that Meach and Cumbie would leave after this year for HC jobs and we'd go back to being 4-8 b/c that's GP's ceiling without top end coordinators.
OK, big swing and a miss on my part... Once again, in my defense, old age and heavy drinking... Thinking I may need to just incorporate that into my signature line, so that on the odd occasion I do get it right, the reaction can be, "awww, a lucid moment, how cuuuuute."

Latest posts