• The KillerFrogs

RUMOR: Cumbie and UT

Double V

SnoSki said:
But what if he goes, UT goes 6-6 again and Charlie gets fired? If I were him I would wait to land on more solid ground.. IE when the OC job at TCU opened up before.
Then he makes $2 mil over the next 2 years..

Moose Stuff

I have a hard time imagining GP slighting Meach in an effort to keep Sonny. Goes against pretty much everything thing he's ever done here. Not sure what message that sends to the rest of the staff either.

PO Frog

Moose Stuff said:
I have a hard time imagining GP slighting Meach in an effort to keep Sonny. Goes against pretty much everything thing he's ever done here. Not sure what message that sends to the rest of the staff either.
No question. Also starting to look like the real desirable HC spots are filling up fast. Have a hunch Meach isn't going anywhere this year. Glad University of North Texas didn't happen - not sure it's set up for success as a good stepping stone, and being only 4 years younger than GP, I bet he's hoping his next stop is is last.

Let me preface by saying I don't want to lose Cumbie or any of the offensive coaches.  But, I've been reading along these threads with amusement at some of the comments.  People do realize that Meacham has been our primary play-caller and principal OC for the two most productive years of offense in TCU history?  They do realize that he brought in Cumbie and gave him the co-OC title to get him?  That he brought in GA who assisted Anderson in turning our OL from absolutely awful to above average in a P5 conference? 

Cumbie is obviously a very good recruiter and, again, I hope he stays but what in the world some people think merits kicking Meacham to the curb to make that happen is a good idea or a good business practice is beyond me.  Because he has talked to other schools?  So did Cumbie last year when he talked to OU and apparently this year as well.  Having coaches who have succeeded enough to get interest from other programs is a good thing.  It beats the alternative every single day of the week.