• The KillerFrogs

Roy Kramer, the father of expansion, speaks

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...&id=5272309

"It's evolution," said Kramer, "and I think in the long term it could be a positive for college athletics."

The evolution isn't done. I asked Kramer how he thought it would shake out.

"My best guess is that the Big Ten will eventually get to 16 in phases," he said. "That the Pac-10 will move forward with its proposal. That the Mountain West will evolve into a major conference. Then, depending on how the Big Ten plays out -- how they get to 16 -- you would have the possibility of the ACC and the SEC absorbing significant numbers of teams out of the Big East and we'd end up with five major conferences."

HUT-Frog

That is all well and good. But even with BCS AQ status, the MWC will lag FAR behind the others financially. The MWC would not have the TV sets to demand huge contracts like the Pac, Big Teen, SEC and ACC.

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Jun 10 2010, 02:29 PM) [snapback]574044[/snapback]
But with AQ status eyes would increase, and by extension, so would revenue.

Go Frogs!

Slightly. But not nearly by as much you might think.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(HUT-Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 01:20 PM) [snapback]574025[/snapback]
That is all well and good. But even with BCS AQ status, the MWC will lag FAR behind the others financially. The MWC would not have the TV sets to demand huge contracts like the Pac, Big Teen, SEC and ACC.

Rome was not built in a day. Attaining AQ status is another step in the right direction. It will give us better bowl access and better TV revenue in the future.

BABYFACE

QUOTE(HUT-Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 02:20 PM) [snapback]574025[/snapback]

Yes, but it is a start on the priviledged path.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
We reached this level of success with the pennies thrown at us by TV and the BCS.

If they start throwing nickels, that's a step in the right direction.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(HUT-Frog @ Jun 10 2010, 02:20 PM) [snapback]574025[/snapback]

Personally, while I hope my alma mater makes a ton of money in athletics, this is the least of my worries. My desire is for our athletic teams to have an equal opportunity to compete at the very highest level.

damnyankeephrog

QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Jun 10 2010, 03:29 PM) [snapback]574044[/snapback]
But with (BCS) AQ status

My bet is we get invited to the dance just as "The Last Dance" starts playing.
Everything's changing. Grease it up.....again.